If there's anyone left who works on cars still here's a really useful DIY video:

I was about to spend 300+$ on new fuel injectors (restomodding my 95 neon, AWESOME I KNOW) until I came across this vid on DIY cleaning for less than 5$

Pretty cool. Couple good points from the comments though.

Good Ideas - BUT - You should not use the marine heat shrink tubing with adhesive inside. There is a possibility if the adhesive is exposed to the cleaner used, the adhesive could dissolve and get into your injector. You are better off to use the plain heat shrink or just use clamps.

And this dude has a way easier way to connect from the can…

A good video but instead of all them tubes & shrink wrap just plug one end of large tube (the one that goes on the injector) with a bolt or cork or something and a clip over it then for the spray straw punch a small hole with a sharp spike like a small nail push the straw in & glue it in place. then you have a more compact & cheaper device.

You can just send them our or have Newera do it for fairly cheap :slight_smile:

I definitely will have my injectors cleaned and flowed for the new motor.

Neet. But with New Era so close Id prob still just have them do it, since they can also measure the flow too…

Neon resto-mod sounds like a fun project. Coming from the guy who likes quirky cars.

Dan

Good to know…

Hmmm how much does NewEra charge? It might be a fun ride out there. I’ll call them tomorrow.

EDIT: NVM I saw on their site its 50$, not bad. I wonder if I could wait while they do it??

Also @juicedz4 your project is much nicer haha but thanks.

Anyone know locally where I can bring a TB and IM to be port matched a few mm’s?? I know plenty of engine shops around here but if anyone has any experiences they’d like to share please do.

NAPA cleans injectors as well. $20 a piece if I’m correct.