If you were to move...

doesnt sound familiar, i was there like 5 yrs ago, i dont remember alot of it lol, i just know it was the best place iv even been on vacation…

whats a spring break trip there cost about if u dont mind me asking?

in no particular order

vegas (southeast of th city lake las vegas)
denver
lake havisu
i loved portland OR, could def see living there

have not yet been to but need to consider visiting before i move anywhere:
so-cal (i would hate 91 octane though)
the major texas cities
seattle

there are some others i cant think of

doesnt cost me lol. i have no shame, straight up me and my older sister go with the parents. sucks not having friends there, but theres nothing better than free vacation, relaxing, eating, and drinkin on someone elses tap, so i couldnt pass that up.

edit: forgot, my dad wins this vacation for selling the most amount of wheelchair lifts in buses or something… so we make out pretty good

Wow, a lot of Naples lovers on here. My aunt has a place in Naples and I really don’t see the appeal. It is loaded with rich, boring old people. I have spent a good amount of time down there recently, and must admit that I was bored out of my gourd after 3 consecutive days. The ocean front is not very nice, traffic is getting worse, every new neighborhood is a gated community, and it is getting really commercial. Oh, I almost forgot real estate values… Outrageous.

Lets not forget the occasional threat of a hurricane!

F Florida in general.

San Diego. good thing i moved here about 2 months ago, best decision i made. so much to do around here, a lot more higher paying jobs, and obviously…AMAZING WEATHER. being almost november and still 80 degree weather is the shit, fuck snow.

A lot of you need to be realistic about your “ideal places to move”. Have fun paying $1 million+ for a 1k sq ft. townhouse in SoCal, anywhere near water. Move to the I.E. and it’s cheaper but way shittier.

I agree with JJ, FUCK Florida. Old people paradise, Hurricanes, and you melt in the summer.

I would live in a shack if I had to, just to be on the beach.

i love naples. but holy shit is it ever expensive to live there…

if i had to pick one place over everything…

Honolulu, Hawaii :slight_smile:

DC.

so cal you can walk to mexico

seattle/denver I cant stand the heat or people i cant understand

correct. i’m looking at houses in PB and they’re all right around 1 mil. sooo… i might have to wait on that for a little bit, lol. being close to the water would be nice, but the 10-15 min drive isn’t killing me right now so i’m holding off.

Yeah I cannot stand the heat, and actually enjoy snow for part of the year. I hate the rain though, so you wont find me moving to Seattle.

I have no clue,I’ve never been on vacation. :redface:

Seriously.:frowning:

For all the ppl who said Charlotte… I have lived her for 11 months now… and IT IS AWSOME… Great Night Life, Tons to do in the City…Great Restaurants, Shows, Shopping, Museums… your 2 hours from the Mountains(ASHVILLE)which is Gorgeous!!! Full of beautiful southern girls ( the accent will grow on ya…) Great Sports teams, 2hours from Raleigh… the Panthers suck but the Stadium is nice and tickets are cheap. Nascar is an experience in itself… I was there 2 weeks ago… it is so loud it shakes your eardrums!!!
Charlotte Douglas Airport has cheap flights now that jetblue flys there you can get tickets as cheap at 175 roundtrip… at least that is the best deal i have gotten so far.

Downside… the city is growing so damn fast that the crime down here is terrible… lots of shootings and ppl getting mugged… ie… I even got mugged… …

Overall I love this City, I would recommend it to anyone looking for a job. There are TONS of new and up coming companies in the Area. The suburban sprall is taking over… housing is dirty cheap and most Condos like the one I live in have all the Amenities and they are brand new… They are everywhere you look.

If you move here you wont regret it.

Chicago. Start a Jazz band with my stand up bass :slight_smile:
California. Start a funk band up with my jazz bass :slight_smile:
NYC. Start a punk band with my p-bass :slight_smile:
Stay here and go emo with a bc rich :frowning:

Guy <3’s Bass

Virginia Beach, best place I’ve ever been to.

including humidity, monstrous traffic and urban sprawl / suburbia like nobody’s business. after my recent trip there, I think I’ll pass.

I have a huge list which is why I’m still in upstate but near the top are the Pac. NW, Wash DC Metro (MD, except see above re: traffic/sprawl)… Chicago is cool but too pricey for what I like and I’d hate to live in the burbs. At times I miss Detroit (northern suburbs aka Rochester Hills / Oakland County) but I probably couldn’t afford it any more lol.

Toronto is cool except that whole “taxes” thing.

To the guy who said VA Beach, um… NO. Did you miss the abject poverty and rampant crime? I was born in Norfolk VA, lemme tell you, VA Beach is a fucking DUMP now…

Lake Tahoe, or Salt Lake City. I also really like Burlington, VT.

I don’t need a bumping nightlife. I never go out to clubs or anything really. Give me the mountains, the outdoors, a pair of skis for the snow, and a mountain bike for the dirt, and I am happy.

Chicago is blues not jazz

Maryland if I wanted to keep some weather changes.
or
Arizona because I can’t stand the cold.