if your car was smoking, what would you do?

well, apparently, the person on Carmen Rd (near Eggert and Niagara Falls Blvd) a this residence “didnt know what to do” so they parked the car in the garage, shut the door and went inside. their garage and the back half of their house is now a burnt pile of ashes. I was working at the time and was driving at Main street and the 290 and saw a HUGE plume of smoke over yonder. So if you were in the area and either saw the smoke or heard the commotion, thats what was going down.

when i first discovered a nasty coolant line leak by the turbo…the coolant was hitting the turbo, and mist was coming from under the hood…but i freaked thinking it was smoke, popped the hood immediately, ran for the hose…then came back, and heard the sizzling and realized it was just water…

for that 30 seconds or so though, i was probably more scared than i’ve been in a long time…a very long time…

if your car was smoking, what would you do?
Ask “Was it good for you?”

:gotme:

ahh yeah saw the smoke on my way home from work (wherle/youngs area) so it had to be rather large

Have you ever smoked after sex?

Dont know, never checked

should have been a logical progression of thought:

smoke!
where theres smoke theres fire
FIRE!
fire department !

pretty much. just insert “common sense fails to kick in, pull smoking car in garage, close garage door, walk in house, dont think twice about still smoking car in closed garage” in between “smoke!” and
where theres smoke theres fire" and thats about it haha

I THINK it was a mid 90s Mercury Cougar, but in all honesty, the car was so deformed and messed up from the heat of the fire and us tearing it apart, it was really hard to tell what it was. its just a burnt out metal shell now.

About a month ago, i had just put a 1996 blazer on the road. was driving it for about a week without incident. Went to go pick up a few friends for a party that night and returned back to my place. After a few minutes in the basement i started smelling smoke, like electrical fire, so i was looking around franticly at the soundsystem in my basement, i thought my gf blew a fuse or overloaded something. started running around the house, and just by chance i opened the side door to my house and was inundated with white smoke!!! I saw flames shooting out the hood of my car!!! I ran to get the hose and found out the outside spiget was frozen solid… yelled at everyone to get out of my house. I had to really yell cuz everyone thought i was fucking around. Everyone called the Firedept at that point while running out the front door (the car was parked right next to the side entrance of the house) I was freaking out and was about the start throwing snow into the hood but the flames got so big i was scard something was gunna blow. My neighbor ran over and was gunna hook up his truck to drag it away from the house real quick but the fire dept showed up just them. Flames were pretty high. Three bottles of fire extinguisher and a few small explosions later, it was a twisted mess. LOL my other neighbor saw like 10 guys standing on her front lawn and she thought it was a gangfight! so she called the cops on us, but after she put her glasses on, invited us all in till things were squared away. In the end, I was lucky that it didnt hit the house and still have no idea wtf happened. Fire dept said it coulda been an oil leak, but who the hell knows. That night i was glad i at least had a bunch of friends over, and a shitload of booze cuz i really needed it then more than ever

Worthless without pics…

so here

yeah u got lucky it didnt extend into the house. this particular fire the garage was completely detached from the house, but got going good enough that it caught the back half of the house pretty good.

LOL when i scrapped it, i just wanted to get it out of my driveway, thing stunk like hell and was sick of looking at it, the guy hooked it up to the flatbed and started pulling. LOL the thing was fuckin frozen to the ground. It pulled the flatbed to the truck. funniest thing to watch. winch sounded like it was on the verge of breaking b4 the blazer gave way and relented. Blazers do live up to their names…

I’d make a post about it

good point…

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49519

:lol: that was in regards to the title of the thread… not to you… lol, fool :rofl:

Tell it that it’s bad for it’s health, and beg it to stop. Smoking can cause cancer, y’know.

Let it burn and call my insurance agent…

Pretty much.

does basic insurance cover car fires? lol

Make it smoke the whole pack. Then punch it in the ovary. Cars these days.

home owners insurance will

well if you ask onyx this question the answer is run upstairs and grab your camcorder and video tape it almost setting your garage on fire

:slight_smile: