ignition?!?

also posted on neo:

so i’m trying to get my car started so i can take it to get body work done but its not srarting… basically when i turn the ignition, i hear something turning and the rpms go nuts, like up to 8000… but the engine doesn’t turn over or anything… i checked the fuses and they’re all ok… i’m sorta worried that the starter is blown but i have no idea… any possible solutions??

if anybody needs a better description, i’ll take a video of it

sounds like a grounding issue, check your engine harness grounds.

engine harness grounds checked… the thing is that the car was working before this happened. i was away for a month and i had driven the car fine before that. all i did when i left was unhook the negative battery terminal and let it sit. i’m worried it has something to do with the ignition… which is something i know little about…

any other ideas??

i appreciate the help

here’s a video:

http://www.zippyvideos.com/7354364915775996/240sx/

when u hold it on ingnition the power is dieing out…
like what was said above looks like something is grounding out

after viewing the video, I would still have to suggest that you have a grounding issue.

Depending an where you are located, I could come & have a look at it for you.

My shop is in the Keele & Steeles area, so if possible you can also bring it to me.

I am a liceneced mechanic of whom specializes in electrical, so I can fix the problem for you. It is just hard to help when all I can do is give advice online.

Regardless, good luck with your 240

hey, i have similar problem with mine 240 as well; but mine the rpm would fight between the 0-1000 mark(2-3s) and dies off. Most of the time the car starts okay, but theres time that i have the stump on the gas pedal (mutiple time) befor its fully start/running. I’m not sure wether its the starter or grounding as some of u suspected.

i admit. i’m new to the 240 families/ car scenes and don’t know to much (if any) about car, but i’m learning and want to learns more,so guys please help me out.

thanx!

P.S.-
i’m thinking of taking it to MATT’s shop :slight_smile: