Im giving West Herr one more chance...

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:5,topic:33803"”]

the one time I met you, you seemed like a bright kid.

[/quote]

Negative sir.

They need to make a dealer called Picard’s Used Cars. It could get some business around here. Should have kept the GTO.
:picard: big sign out front

Want to know the real reason this happened?

He didn’t make a poll before agreeing to buy.

[quote=“Rx3,post:57,topic:33803"”]

Correct me if I’m wrong, but NYS inspection only checks emissions via the ECU (if OBDII). Anything else is visual up to the inspection station’s discretion. So if we’re dealing with a dealership (a.k.a. Satan), it wouldn’t surprise me if they “overlooked” a few glaring things to pass an inspection and make a buck. Not saying it happens all the time, but it’s definitely in the realm of possibility.

[/quote]

Depending on the year its safety + emissions…or just safety…

true but Rick is right…they can overlook anything they want to pass…and get away with it saying oh he was too hard on the breaks or shit…

i didnt read all of this…

but… just ditch the car now. It’s a bad sign of things to come.

I think I am growing up because I can no longer take posts like this seriously…

All I can do is shake my head, and hope that sometime down the line you will realize the stupid decisions you are making…

i dont see what the big deal is with buying a car from a dealer that has stuff wrong with it as long as they agree to fix it.

yes i am aware of the lemon law. yes this is why i was not too concerned about them fixing the stuff because i knew i was protected under the lemon law/NYS inspection laws.

i cant believe theres people who think there are used car lots that have noting buy perfect cars on them. I work at a dealership, and almost every car that gets sold off the used car lot comes back at least once to resolve some issue because dealers are cheap fucks and dont want to fix anything and get away with as much as possible. is this wrong? yes. but thats just how it is. again, i was not all that concerned about the issues being fixed because most of the time the dealer will resolve any problems with the vehicle because they dont want comebacks (which inevitably seem to happen anyway).

im not pissed that the thing is broken, im pissed because the customer service absolutely sucks and they LIED to me several times.

and to everyone who says im an idiot and i waste my money, SHUT THE FUCK UP! you’re not my personal bankers, and what i do with my finances is none of your fucking business. but JUST FOR THE NOSY PEOPLE: i probably could still afford the truck during school, but it would be a little closer than i’d like and i realized the fact that i wouldnt be working 40+ hours a week with school and didnt want to drain my savings, so i downsized. in all honesty, i should have NEVER bought the GTO in the first place, what i should have done was “trade” with my mom when she bought a new truck, so I could keep the Blazer (which was pretty much mine anyway at the time) and she could have traded the Dakota on her new truck. then I’d have a perfectly good Blazer and could have gotten my mustang, had a lot of extra money and i wouldnt be where i am now. BUT, at the time i was stupid and pissed away money like it didnt matter. I did get lucky, and only had to roll in $1500 from the GTO into the truck and $700 from the truck to the Exploder, so im “out” $2200 in the past 10 months. while thats a lot of money, its not as bad as it could be.

There’s a big difference between having a couple minor things wrong and what you bought.

“I noticed there’s a scratch, I want that fixed if I buy it”, or, “these tires are pretty beat, knock $400 more off so I can buy new ones, or put a new set on” is a minor thing wrong.

-pulled to the right BAD (and i mean BAD!)
-brakes had a nice hum and pulsation
-power steering worked intermittently
-rear window wiper did not work
-HVAC blower motor only worked on high and low, no other speeds
-nice scratch in the hood (i honestly dont care…its my DD)

That’s not minor stuff. Maybe one of the first five plus the scratch is minor, but that list = POS. That’s a list that would make an educated buyer walk away from ANY car on a dealer lot. Argue that fact all you want, but in the end you’re the one stuck with this truck that a previous owner drove into the ground then dumped as a trade in. With all that wrong that you’ve found it makes me cringe just thinking about how many fluid/filter changes that poor explorer has seen in it’s life. Probably about 1/10th of what it should have had.

[quote=“JayS,post:69,topic:33803"”]

That’s not minor stuff. Maybe one of the first five plus the scratch is minor, but that list = POS. That’s a list that would make an educated buyer walk away from ANY car on a dealer lot. Argue that fact all you want, but in the end you’re the one stuck with this truck that a previous owner drove into the ground then dumped as a trade in. With all that wrong that you’ve found it makes me cringe just thinking about how many fluid/filter changes that poor explorer has seen in it’s life. Probably about 1/10th of what it should have had.

[/quote]

/end

There is no rebuttal to that.

Do yourself a favor. Pull the air filter, take a look at the transmission fluid, rear diff fluid, transfer case fluid, and front diff fluid.

If more than one of those looks really old do what you can to return the vehicle under their 30 day satisfaction guarantee. If all the things wrong with it won’t convince you it was neglected, that should.

[quote=“JayS,post:69,topic:33803"”]

That’s not minor stuff. Maybe one of the first five plus the scratch is minor, but that list = POS.

[/quote]

I’ve junked cars for less. :wave:

[quote=“87conquestTSi,post:61,topic:33803"”]

Negative sir.

[/quote]

:rofl:

[quote=“JayS,post:71,topic:33803"”]

Do yourself a favor. Pull the air filter, take a look at the transmission fluid, rear diff fluid, transfer case fluid, and front diff fluid.

If more than one of those looks really old do what you can to return the vehicle under their 30 day satisfaction guarantee. If all the things wrong with it won’t convince you it was neglected, that should.

[/quote]

i checked all that before i bought it (with the exception of the diff fluid)…i thought that was something everyone did when they look at a car? i also requested to see it up on a lift before, which they found to be a very odd request, but i did look at it on a lift and took a good look at it. everything appeared fine, with the exception of the problems i listed. and after picking it up again last night, everything is fixed with the exception of the new key they made me doesnt work but im sure thats a simple fix.

[quote=“MikeRi24,post:42,topic:33803"”]

and for the record, i did not blow my entire in inheritance on a car. i spent a small portion of it on my mustang (the actual car, NOT all the shit im buying for it) and the rest i used to pay on my student loans.

[/quote]

[quote=“MikeRi24,post:68,topic:33803"”]

I did get lucky, and only had to roll in $1500 from the GTO into the truck and $700 from the truck to the Exploder, so im “out” $2200 in the past 10 months. while thats a lot of money, its not as bad as it could be.

[/quote]

So you’re paying off low interest student loans while getting upside down on higher interest auto loans?

:lol:

Yeah you’re doing fine with your money and anyone that tries to tell you otherwise should go to hell!

You obviously have no interest in good advice that means you can’t satisfy your every desire, so I’m going to shut the fuck up now. Have fun!

[quote=“95xbird,post:21,topic:33803"”]

I work for West Herr Toyota of Orchard Park,And seeing how some of the salesman don’t give a fuck after the vehicle is sold it is mainly up to parts and service to make things right.Contact Scott Bieler @ Sbieler@westherr.com He is the president of the company.I would tell him your troubles and I am sure he would fix the problem for you.Just be sure to choose your words carefully and try and be professional about it.No one likes a hardass.

[/quote]

no he will make empty promises and never deliver then scratch and drill to wholes in ur dash and say u did it. guy is a class a cock sucker and if it wasnt for donny nowak at west herr ford west herr would of lost my family who buys atleast one new car every year

[quote=“Rx3,post:57,topic:33803"”]

Correct me if I’m wrong, but NYS inspection only checks emissions via the ECU (if OBDII). Anything else is visual up to the inspection station’s discretion. So if we’re dealing with a dealership (a.k.a. Satan), it wouldn’t surprise me if they “overlooked” a few glaring things to pass an inspection and make a buck. Not saying it happens all the time, but it’s definitely in the realm of possibility.

[/quote]

all they have to do is pull another ford in and run it through the computer and car is inspected. the problem is the light was on before and its on now there for the vehicle did not get a drive cycle so it was illegally inspected so its time to call the dmv

[quote=“MikeRi24,post:68,topic:33803"”]

i dont see what the big deal is with buying a car from a dealer that has stuff wrong with it as long as they agree to fix it.

yes i am aware of the lemon law. yes this is why i was not too concerned about them fixing the stuff because i knew i was protected under the lemon law/NYS inspection laws.

i cant believe theres people who think there are used car lots that have noting buy perfect cars on them. I work at a dealership, and almost every car that gets sold off the used car lot comes back at least once to resolve some issue because dealers are cheap fucks and dont want to fix anything and get away with as much as possible. is this wrong? yes. but thats just how it is. again, i was not all that concerned about the issues being fixed because most of the time the dealer will resolve any problems with the vehicle because they dont want comebacks (which inevitably seem to happen anyway).

im not pissed that the thing is broken, im pissed because the customer service absolutely sucks and they LIED to me several times.

and to everyone who says im an idiot and i waste my money, SHUT THE FUCK UP! you’re not my personal bankers, and what i do with my finances is none of your fucking business. but JUST FOR THE NOSY PEOPLE: i probably could still afford the truck during school, but it would be a little closer than i’d like and i realized the fact that i wouldnt be working 40+ hours a week with school and didnt want to drain my savings, so i downsized. in all honesty, i should have NEVER bought the GTO in the first place, what i should have done was “trade” with my mom when she bought a new truck, so I could keep the Blazer (which was pretty much mine anyway at the time) and she could have traded the Dakota on her new truck. then I’d have a perfectly good Blazer and could have gotten my mustang, had a lot of extra money and i wouldnt be where i am now. BUT, at the time i was stupid and pissed away money like it didnt matter. I did get lucky, and only had to roll in $1500 from the GTO into the truck and $700 from the truck to the Exploder, so im “out” $2200 in the past 10 months. while thats a lot of money, its not as bad as it could be.

[/quote]

i fill up my tank once a week 36 dollars a week 52 weeks a year thats 1800 dollars hmm buying a small dd in the first place would of saved you 400 dollars and trust me i drive alot more then u. and my car payments 225 a month. plus i have done 2 wheel bearings and a tune up. u wouldnt stretch ur pocket this school year if you thought things out before you bought them.

:picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:

Mikes98ReTarded

mike is a fuckin cry baby who posts threads like this for attention.

i don’t know the guy but i searched his posts and all he does is whine, cry or complain
about stuff because he is not smart enough to do the research or figure out on his own
just a simple observation