I'm gon shoot me a bambi...

Opening day tomarrow ladies, I hope to God I get one or I’ll be pissed…Josh don’t do cold.

Meh, I just cant wait til the season closes. Then the sled trails open up! (Whats the exact date btw?)

Its alright though, a few guys go here at the station and venison is dddeeellliiiicciiouusssss! :lickout:

Nice to see a fellow hunter on here. My friend got a 10 point with his bow 2 weeks ago. I used to bow hunt, now only shotgun. How about the new law for CATT county where you can hunt with a rifle???

In the caskills you can hunt with a centerfire riffle. the reason you cant here is because centerfire riffles used to hunt deer (.308 winman, .30-06, .50 cal for the overkill lovers) have a massive range. the bullets will travel 2-5 miles depending on the grain…u miss…well…dont miss. Deersligs are heavy as hell, they drop relativly fast. Personally i have a Mossberg 835 with a riffled barrel adn a scope, i get 1.5-2" groupings at 50 yards with Lightfield hybrid sabot slugs (1.25 oz slugs). Much more kick to them due to higher brass but its a 1300fps slug lol…things is freakish.

Yeah but…in Cattaraugus county they passed the law that in certain parts you can hunt deer with a .243 rifle or larger!

I was just waching comedy central the dude is like " We need rednecks in the army…they go to boot camp and the drill sargent will be like…

Sargent: “heres your M16”
Redneck: “i got one…i got shit in my trunk you never seen before…got me one of them surface to air thingys on ebay…got me a moose and a duck at the same time”

needless to say bing a hick i ROFLed

Back on topic, I want to get a 308 and a 30-06…reach out and touch sombody…from 2 miles away lol. get some of them 265 grein armor piercing military rounds…blow a hole in anything.

Please kill three or four… just pretend you missed the first couple…

lol best part is i dont even have to drive anywhere…i have a 300+ acre nature preserve behind my house lol…i can hunt there anytime i want (within the applicable season ofcorse)…the guys from the National Conservancy stopped by to talk to the people who are in the immediate vacinity and said if we want we can still hunt there…just be respectfull of the land (they said this because we take really good care of the woods back there) although now that i think of it…ive never gone cvamping there…hmmm…at night those woods get that “holy shit somthing is out here going to fucking eat me” feeling to them, dont know why…their just fuckin freaky.

I’m going to take me down some deer stands.

Janny…cool new sig!:tup:

I like yours as well.

Janny…your against hunting I take it?

I haven’t found a single person to disagree that Cattaraugus county is still too flat to allow rifles. And these are people with good acreage down there and love to hunt.

Im not against hunting if you can take them down with something other than a gun or bow.:slight_smile:

How about a flamethrower?

i like to hide in the trees and drop down on them…kicking them in the head and sliting their throat with my long toe nail…i also do it in a speedo…adds to the effect.

I just got back…didint see a fuckin thing. i might go back out later…dunno yet. I have a short attention span, i was out there for 7 hrs and then i started falling asleep so im like meh, fuck it, im goin home…5 min walk later here i am lol.

300+ acre nature preserve behind house> *

You live by the swamps? lol

no, i live in akron lol. the national concervancy baught the land behind my house because of the escarpment. They people to use it that have been there for years but thats bout it…its sweet though.

Yea that new law allowing rifles in the southern tier is absolutly insane! Its too wooded (ie can’t see who’s downrange) and too flat for a 1000+ yd range round.

umm…a deer slug will travel over a mile. ahit i hunt with a .22 mag, those travel over 2 miles. its niot a distance only thing…there are more variables than that…like penatration, if you miss with a slig, its a very blunt round, it will not penetrate like say a 300 rem mag would. granted it would cause more damage, but wont go threw a house like tissue paper.