I'm quitting cigarettes

http://3quarksdaily.blogs.com/3quarksdaily/images/chemo.gif

look like fun ?

I dunno man, just start reading some stories about all the shit that smoking can cause and let that push you over the urge :stuck_out_tongue:

Way too much cancer history in my family to try to pretend like it can’t happen to me, dunno about you though.

Goodluck to you. My aunt and my cousin both just quit using that new prescription drug. I guess it works really well. Neither of them have smoked in I think 3 months.

lol @ toda’s post

the oral fixation thing isn’t too bad… when I tried quitting last time, I found coffee stirrers to work quite well… it was the lack of nicotine that killed it.

Cheated once and next thing I knew, had a full pack in my pocket and was smoking regularly again.

JEG, seriously… head the words of the people here that have been there. And honestly, that is ALOT of cigarettes for a somewhat new smoker.

Unless I was drinking, I smoked about a pack a day (or less)

thanks guys

Chino… you the man :tup:

:wink:

sorry to be such a bad influence on you mr wonch. :frowning:

Mind your god damn business!

<3

I still love you Jam.

jam??

:stuck_out_tongue:

i love smoking.

i love to smoke. god i love smoking.

just quit a few weeks ago!

If something’s hard to do, then it’s not worth doing

My cigs prevent me from strangling dumb fucks while at work.
I wonder if i killed someone if i actually would get fired??? hmmmmm…
I’ve done the patch,zyban,gum, etc… i usually stop, my prob has been i tell myself i’m over it and have one socially…and thats all it takes to go back up that stupid road. I even bought a box of patches the other day as i’ve been mulling this over lately

i was going to start smoking, i heard its really easy to quit :gotme:.

if anyone every sees me smoking do me a favor, grab the nearest hose or fire extinguisher and put me out.

fuck cigarettes, that BS killed my grandfather

Good luck Steve, stay away from me for a while, then come back when you’re good :wink:

i had mono for a month and my tonsils touched eachother, every time i talked i would gag, so im pretty sure if i wouldve smoked a ciggarette i wouldve died…thats how i quit.

there ya go, ask someone to give you mono :smiley:

FUCK, reading this thread makes me want to go out for a smoke

and ironically I only smoke at work now, stupid stress…

If quiting by the means of the patch/gum or cold turkey doesn’t work, then go see if your doctor will prescribe Chantix. It’s the new stop smoking Rx drug. I’m on my third week (12 week program) and it’s definitely taking my mind off the whole mental addiction, it’s just the physical addiction that i need to kick on my own. I usually light up every time i get in the car, and i notice that i’m doing that less and less. If i have an urge to smoke, i will literally hold a cig in between my fingers and not light it, it also helps that I’m not around smokers as much as i was before…

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Good for you!!!

you can get it for free…my dad smoked for 30 something years and has not had one in 9 months.