Importing laws changed to 25yrs

I think I may be driving my 240sx for years to come too, I still love her anyway. When and if this rule takes effect I can see the prices of already imported cars rise a bit. I can understand why this would happen but at the same time most of us can’t afford a new car. In the end, you just have to get used to things like this happening.

well aside from that i think they should have government insurance other than private insurance as that will help new vehicles be put on the road.

half of us can barely insure a 10 year old car, how are we suppose to insure a brand new car…

isnt there a skyline shop in bc? and possibly montreal? that sucks…if thats gonna happen, im pretty that everyone will be importing cars as much as possible until the 25 year law thing comes into effect.

u can import r33 and r34’s into the states…well some states…theres a couple guys with them down there…

So import into the states, then import it into canada…couldnt that work…

ur wallet should be fat though

I love that Star article… last paragraph about how these changes will have a cause and affect on the parts importing industry…

you could probably make a killing buying a bunch of GTR’s in the next 18 months and sell them once no one can get them anymore, if you had the cash to begin with.

so If I cannot import an R33, then I will have to hold out and drive the S14 until I can afford a lotus elise…

no big loss.

Apparently it is a “done deal” as per the article that legislation is proposed and will be passed. Heard someone mention “cry babies @ GTRC” were unhappy with it? Thats weaksauce, I suppose we should all keep quiet and just let the government continue to monkey with our interests. Then it will be a complete ban on JDM engines and front clips for sure. Suppose no one can cry on SON then either?

Enthusiasts will most likely sit back and let it happen, hey this is Canada. If you think it sucks and want to look forward to an R33 in late 2009 then do something about it…and no, moaning on a forum doesn’t count :slight_smile:

Its really strange logic them claiming it is taking away automotive jobs/revenue, like anyone who buys an R32 is going with a Cobalt SS as their next choice. And then they claim it’s for safety, when M5s are 500hp and even affordable cars like the G35 and MazdaSpeed3 are 264-306hp!?

On a better vibe: Canadian auto parts giant, Magna is looking to buy Chrysler which I would go buy one same day if that happened…bout time we do build some of the best: Civic, Corolla, 300C etc…

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070323.wmangabid0323/BNStory/Business

18 months ? pfft plenty of time
…thats a year and a half away. Most ppl i think would be able to afford whatever they wanted in that time anyway.

But i wonder how greatly the price of imports will increase as we get closer to the deadline ?

hmmm
i’d be happy with a daily driver silvia and a track r32 in my garage. I’m sure you can get both for around 20k

Happy April Fools! How did NOBODY else catch this? Look at when he posted it!

you idiot haha… its not april fools

this was in the paper last weekend

buhahahahahahah

^^^ LOL AT the sig.

aw fark… that sux ass… and here i was, waiting to import an s15 by the time i was 30+

scratch that idea*