Imports?

to: Shorteaz:<<< OMG…my bad…lol…it was a 2 door UTE…lol

the concept is that its a commodore pickup, just because the car has two or 4 doors dosent mean its a UFO from another planet.lol…

its the same car with different options…you feel so strongly about what you are saying when you didn’t even know the model of the car or what it was except that it was a Holden.

it may be a UTE but no one really calls it a ute, they call it Holden SS or (commodore) pick-up.

lol don’t flame me now…just because i was right well not according to you anyways…even though i’ve owned the car before.lol

yes it say’s ute on the site, but thats not the name of the car lol, its the body or door type.lol just like the dodge pickup, they are all dodge rams but have different door type names i.e crew cab, double cab. so on.

yea but thats like saying the el camino is the same as a camaro …theyre not the same thing

yes…i saw that it was a holden…and an ss…i wanted to know more…so i looked it up

and that makes no sence to call it the holden ss because holden has many models of cars that are ss’s…its like saying the charger r/t is the same shit as the srt8…now if i was the owner of an srt8 and u called it an r/t and said same thing…i wouldnt be very happy…or its the same shit as the 240sx…the s13 and s14 are not the same cars…theyre both 240’s but so what…

and how the hell can u say “it says ute on the site but thats not the name of the car”…why would the HOLDEN site…call their car the ute…if it really was just another model of A commodore…they would also say that its a commodore if it was…since if you check…and look under the commodore…they list all the different models…and the ute isnt one

^^^ you need to go to Australia.lol

BTW i said Holden SS pick up or Commodore Pick-up are its common names, not just calling it Holden SS. The brackets must have confused you.

This is not a GM camaro or el-camino its a totally different company with different mission statement.

All the CARS (not including the smaller and obvious other ones) are Commodores.

1. Because people say commodore and add the sub name after i.e coupe,pick-up and so on.

2. why they do that because the first car of this type from Holden was the Commodore, and every other model or preferance type is built from the commodore. They did not do what Americans did oh lets make a new design out of the Camaro,calling it el-camino, instead Holden took the commodore and said, hey lets save money and be unique, take a Holdon Commodore Saloon and cater to all the different needs of people in AUSTRALIA, i.e Commodore saloon, coupe, pick-up and such.

The comodore pick up was developed because some people wanted to buy the commodore but needed rear trunk space so they made the commodore pick-up but named it UTE and CREWCAB under commercial just to categorize them. Remember Australia is red sanded desert, not 100% desert like the middle east so they don’t need proper huge 4wd pick-up, though they now have those too.

As far as the R/T, SRT/8 crap, that dosen’t matter because in Holden the SS, SV6 and so on are the engine codes for the body type.

If you see the guy again ask him what the UTE really is.

Holden is smart they do this to fool people, they make lumina SS and GTO’s thats how vast they have made the Holden Commodore.

BTW SHORTEAZ I’M NOT SAYING YOUR WRONG, JUST SAYING THAT WHAT YOU SAW IS COMMONLY KNOWN TO OWNERS OF THAT CAR AS A COMMODORE PICK-UP & UTE IS NOT WHAT WE CALL THEM.

^^^don’t get angry, i wrote that in big so you could not miss it, it’s not me shouting.

peace.

dude, just agree dun bother trying to explain, for f*cks sake, it says UTE on the bloody website so we’ll call it the UTE. i couldnt careless if it was called the golden donkey, in the end its the Holden UTE by the manufacturer’s choice.

I won’t bother explaining, but i’m not going to be stupid and believe its not a commodore.

LOL time to get checked.

^^^^Dude, this is a car website, letting someone think something wrong is against my car religion.lol the truth must be herd.lol

I notice you guys probably didn’t go to the australian site… well

click this website and go down to the models of the ute and all the other cars you keep saying is not commodore…and look at what it says.

http://www.discountnewcars.com.au/Holden/

and now thank me for not embarassing the shit out of someone.lol jks jks or when someone asked the owner if the “UTE” lol was a commodore or not, they are all Commodore’s, just with different sub names to describe the rear end body type. like saying 240sx hatch, or 240sx coupe, or whatever, they are all 240sx’s…lol

btw just so you know i know wtf i’m talking about please tell me what a “MaLoo” is…i’ll be waiting for an answer.

thanks.

We all need to chill out.

correct me if i’m wrong but isnt it just the same thing as a vauxhall monaro?

^^^^yes bro,… thank god someone who knows more than nissan,Vauxhall Monaro is for EUROPE, yes GM Fkd everything up when they got Holden, they basically took the holden commodore design,tech, interior and chasis and just made new badges for Astra, Opel, chevrolet and Pontiac,Vauxhall and others, just like how all the new Saturns are from the Astra with Saturn badges in the America’s.

I’m not pissed or anything i think its good to debate and learn something new rather than call the other person a dick and be ignorant, which might i add no one has said im just saying that its good we are debating, and not killing each other.lol

i.e being productive.

i readthis whole thing from start to finish while at work…I was not productive

“i readthis whole thing from start to finish while at work…I was not productive”

Well did you learn anything about the Holden Commodore?

if not sorry to disappoint you.

^^^^lol, sorry dude that wasn’t for you it was for “kazzxthremass” and it wasn’t flamatory either.

you said you read the whole thing yet say it was a dick swinging contest, for your information this Holden crap was between me and shorteaz, she’s a female, how can we be doing what you said,i think you may want to appologise to her for that comment, calling us idiots dosen’t make you any smarter.

I’m neglecting to recall the fact that i wasn’t there to see the car?, how stupid do you have to be to read and not understand that i’ve owned the Holdon commodore Lumina SS, i think i would know enough about them to be able to tell what they are just by clues, like you guys would if someone saw some sort of Nissan and described it.

Learn to pick my fights?
that does not concern me because i wasn’t fighting with anyone, maby “SOME” people have issue’s and are tid bit to sensative, its funny how people complain about so much stuff on here, suck it up and learn stuff from one another.:slight_smile:

WTF??? Weren’t you just banned B13 Bully??? You have a thread of 20 people and the only person on your side it you?? Wow some balls. You think what you’re doing isn’t fighting people between all the "lol"s? DJPyro apologizing to Shorteaz? **** man it’s the mentality. He’s using a ****ing analogy. I THINK she’ll be ok.
Like you said, this is a Nissan board. We don’t want trivia about HOLDEN… GM Shit. Take it up with Shorteaz and keep this free. Please PLEASE back to original topic.

BTW… My favourite quote… E-Dick Swinging (DJPyro) hahahaah

Anyway, I think, what seems to be the most feasible and least disputed possibility is to import the car in parts, assemble it and weld in your own choice of VIN. That’s some way to add uniquity (That’s not a word I know).

ugh i had to read all this.:{… back to topic people and in my honest opinion GM sucks balls… :hmmso get back to topic or ill close this thread . Everyone try to chill out abit and not take everything so personal, Forums are to discuss things and to agree and disagree. The whole point. but when you post to bother somone then it becomes my problem and im getting aggrivated… so please keep it real

Cheers, :R

Note: also if somone dosent like a post we have a report post on the thread its a little red triangle with a black line accros it… makes my life easier to see whats up…!! its at the bottom left of every post. use it! thanx

Pete needs not apologize …i knew what he meant and know his sense of humor

but yeaa…imports…why is it that we cant even import something newer even if it would pass all safety standards and such

sumthing to do with canadian dealers losing money?

FYI; incase anyone wants a summary of the legislation… there is new legislation in the works to change the import rule to 25 years!!!

If an importer claims they can get you a newer vehicle, less than 15 years old; it won’t be legally… PS imported kit cars have to be 15 years or older as well.

"The Motor Vehicle Safety Act and Regulations require that all vehicles imported into Canada comply, at the time of importation, with the Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standards in effect on the date the vehicle was manufactured. Vehicles manufactured for sale in countries other than Canada and the United States do not comply with the requirements of the Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Act, CANNOT be altered to comply and CANNOT be imported into Canada.

However, vehicles fifteen (15) years old or older as determined by the month and year in which the vehicle was manufactured, and buses that were manufactured before January 1, 1971, are an exception to this rule and CAN be imported into Canada.

Vehicles acquired in foreign countries other than the U.S. and designed, built, tested and certified to meet either all applicable Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standards or all applicable United States Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and bearing a statement of compliance label affixed by the original manufacturer, as required by the Regulations, may be eligible for importation into Canada provided the vehicle has not been altered and the certification from the original manufacturer is maintained.

The illegal importation of a motor vehicle into Canada is a criminal offense. Inadmissible vehicles will be denied entry into Canada and will be detained. All storage and disposal fees are the responsibility of the importer."

have any idea how much you contradict yourself? first you state that it HAS to be a crewman or commodore, next after having seen proof that you could be wrong, you jump to the “well it could be…” excuse.

do you not notice the .au on the end of the link that was posted? so please do not try and state your proof on a single thought that it has to be a certain countries website over another.
honda of canada, honda of japan, and honda of france will all subjectively have the same information at the end of the day, from the vehicle specs, to available colours, and even the damn merchandise.
basing that arguement around “it must be the australian site” is like me stating “my acura integra is different from the honda integra”. it is essentially the same car, with a different front end, and available options pending on the country of origin.

Having read this thread, I’ve lost alot of respect for what I had towards you to begin with. Not being able to accept the fact that you MAY be wrong (not ARE wrong), along with trying to make anyone look bad with…

Please do yourself, and everyone else a favour, stop all these grade 9 drama banters you try and get going, to save yourself respect, and possible friends, as you are doing nothing but making yourself an outcast.

^^^Holden is only Australian marketed vehicle. It doesn’t get marketed to States or Canada and the like.

I already dicussed this privately with the others.

There’s no point arguing with you because you think you know everything being nowhere else but in Canada your whole life, people from outside would laugh at you for trying to say somthing just by looking at a website, not having ever owned a Holden yourself or knowing its history.

If you like reading off websites and think you know all the details go to this website and cherish the “UTE”…http://www.hsv.com.au/vz_intro.html…it’s not called UTE there anymore hmmm why? because like i said before those are just sub names of the vehicle followed by the engine code, at the end of the day what is it? a Commodore. Hence, to make it simple its a commodore(sub name)(engine code)… or simply commodore pick-up.

I hope you get what i was reffering to when i was giving several possible names to call this vehicle, and trying to establish that its a commodore, and ute is not what its called thats just the model type name. And yes later i saw Shorteaz mentioned it was a two door so i agreed and said it was a commodore ute , or if 4 door crewman, and so on, but everyone were saying its not a commodore its a ute, so thats were the story really took off.

BTW im way over this coversation, i just though i might add this to detter having others for continuing further discussion abouth this topic, i mean we have killed this thread enough, poor guy who started this thread, and my sincere appologies to the thread creator for destroying his thread.

And Kevburgler i really hope you don’t feel im looking for affection from people here, and as far as respect goes thats up to other people not anything for me to bite my nails over, and friends well i have ample of them and even then no one takes a bullet for someone else.However that does not mean i hate everyone or im out to get people, jeez it was a discussion get over it, in the real world people will say what a person can’t even take a little debating how’s he to survive out there on his own.

Anyways Zep i hope you don’t see this as me hating,flaming,swearing or anything else, its just me saying ok stop, it was a small thing lets all just move on.

Kev i’m not hating on you either.

how cud that be u saying ok stop…when u just wrote an essay on the same shit(we’re tired of hearing the same thing)…ur just trying to save ur ass by saying ur not hating or watever…and u could have been the bigger person and said wat u had to say once…then moved on in the 1st place…

1. I’m trying to save me ass…from what?

2. “and u could have been the bigger person and said wat u had to say once…then moved on in the 1st place”

^^^ i don’t see you taking your own advice, though i should take yours right.

It’s funny how i have to be the perfect one out of all you guys according to some of you.

Everytime i either ask something to learn about something or tell something i know, either way i’m wrong…interesting theory…why not just tell me off, and quit playing the good cop bad cop.

ok people thats enough…

im going to make a argument section for all you guys to duke it out…