in regards to another post.

It’s worth reading

i have a feeling that somepeople might get offended by this but it was sent to me by my old roomate that andy rooney said on 20/20 or 60 minutes what ever he is on.

"I like big cars, big boats, big motorcycles, big houses and big
campfires. I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some
governmental stooge with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack
addicts for squirting out babies.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You
can kill som! eone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to
ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there
are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING
MARTHA BURKE?

I don’t think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except
numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory
are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black
Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America.

Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud
Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see
what happens. Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

I have the right “NOT” to be tolerant of others because they are
different, weird, or tick me off. When 70% of the peop! le who get
arrested are black, in cities where 70% o! f the po pulation is black, that
is not racial profiling, it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milk shake, a pack of cigarettes,
a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of
fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak
English!

My father and grandfather didn’t die in vain so you can leave the
countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry self if
you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can’t understand
the word “freeze” or “stop” in English, see the above lines.

I don’t think just because you were not born in this country, you are
qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or
tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket
store, or! any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives
in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over
here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their
interpretations.

I believe a self-righteous liberal or conservative with a cause is more
dangerous than a Hell’s Angel with an attitude.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and
continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next
operating system that’s better, and put your name on the building. Ask your
buddy who invented the Internet to help you.

"I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please
don’t pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home
until that new lip ring heals. I don’t want to look at your uglyinfected
mouth as you serve me french fries!

! I am sick of “Political Correctness.” I know a lot of black people, and
not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be
“African-Americans”? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don’t go around
saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great,
great, great grandfather was from Europe.

I am proud to be from America and nowhere else. And if you don’t like my
point of view, tough. DON’T PASS IT ON!!"

While life may not be the party we hoped for, while we’re here we might as
well dance.

:rofl: :grouphug: :blah: :ugh2:

that old fuck is 100% right.

Originally posted by Shaggy
that old fuck is 100% right.

x2

some one should vote him into office… :smiley:

I agree but not 100%…People come to the U.S. to get freedom. And you can’t just go around and shoot someone because they aren’t completely listening to you. You have a right to protect yourself. If a cop is chasing a suspect or whatever and the person he is chasing pulls out a gun and is going to shoot then the cop has the right to do the same, But if the suspect doesn’t show any sign of hurting the cop then what right does he have to shoot the suspect?? I mean living in Cincinnati and dealing with riots and drama from incidents like this, I agree with cops to a certain extent.

well you know we give police the right to administer the law. then people dont listen to them then what power do they have over me. NONE. so they have to admister the law.

if im in class teaching and students dont shut up when im talking then i have the right to give them detention (or to police shooting) and if i dont administer it then all im going to have is total caoss(spl?) because i dont have any power if i dont ever administer some type of punishment. that goes the same for police.

Shooting someone is so totally different then giving a child detention. You are risking killing someone. There are other ways to handle a situation and using a gun is the absolute last. My friends dad has been a police officer for over 20 years and has never fired his gone.

Originally posted by GirlyCivic
. My friends dad has been a police officer for over 20 years and has never fired his gone.

does that thing still work???
he should, atleast go to the range :tounge: :tounge::wink:

Originally posted by GirlyCivic
Shooting someone is so totally different then giving a child detention. You are risking killing someone. There are other ways to handle a situation and using a gun is the absolute last. My friends dad has been a police officer for over 20 years and has never fired his gone.
but what about if they say freeze and they don,t in turn pull a fire arm and shoot the officer. that old saying is stop or i,ll shoot. that saying was for a reason

i agree 150% +

Originally posted by ragtop86
but what about if they say freeze and they don,t in turn pull a fire arm and shoot the officer. that old saying is stop or i,ll shoot. that saying was for a reason

i agree 150% +

You mean STOP, Or My Mom Will Shoot. :confused: :confused: :confused: :tounge:

It doesn’t matter…I don’t really believe in violence so I’m not going to agree…But as I said before is a suspect pulls out any kind of weapon and the cop feels threaten to he has a right to act on that.

this is a very good topic that is going to get some very good discussion.

i for one agree with the entire statement at the top of the page. nowadays, people do nothing but prey on the past. ooo my ancestors this, my ancestors that… its the past, we cant all get in our time machines and go back and fix it, be happy that it isnt the way it was now.

I am moving this to On-Topic becaause of the views that are going to be expressed and i hate for it to get all whored up in this forum

I agree 100% x Infinity

plus a person doesn’t have to have a weapon to be a threat to a police officers life…cops have shot people while they were getting their asses kicked…why…b/c the stupid fuck didn’t want to go to jail and in turn he puts a cops life at risk by bashing his head off the pavement or something…if an officer or the public is in danger of being harmed…i say they should be allowed to put em down for the count…if ur that much of a lowlife that u’d rather harm someone than just go peacefully…then fuck em…they are no use to society anyways…and if ur innocent…then have faith that the system works in ur favor…no need for violence until dickheads don’t obey the law…theres a rule…2 in the chest…1 in the head for a reason

ps slavery ended 142 years ago…nuff said

Cops have mase, one of those sticks and some have Tazers (sp?) …There are other methods then shooting someone. Yes people are ignorant and stupid to try and beat up an officer but if a cop shot every person that showed violence with no weapon then a lot of people would be shot. Thats why cops go to training before becoming a cop so that they can use any other method than shooting someone.

And I agree that slavery ended decades and decades ago. People are ignorant!!!

yeah but say that a fat cop, 5’9 230lbs igetting attacked by come drunk guy or crackhead, like 6’2 215lbs, i mean im almost positive that they all do not carry tazers with them, nightsticks yes and mace yea, but the reality is that if the attack comes quick enough to the fact that they arent prepared for it, the cop may not get to them. and plus… a nightstick can only go so far. whats the difference between cracking someone in the head with a 1" round piece of wood, or shooting them in the leg? either one is really going to fucking hurt. just the stick will knock them unconcious and the bullet would immobilize them

i totally agree with Dappie, the cops dont fire for nothing, they fire for un-neccisary violence that endangers thier lives.

if a cop shot every person that showed violence with no weapon then a lot of people would be shot.

Maybe it would boost the medical sector bring mor money and research in. :dunno:

i think the statement that ends this debate between guns and police is this:

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You
can kill som! eone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to
ban you from driving to the ball game.

on a side note if you look at crime in GB since the advent of making guns illegal, you’ll find several things, 1. a person can be tried and committed for using a firarm to protect his family. 2. deadly crime has risen in these areas…why you ask? because now only the criminals have these weapons

i’m not saying that everyone out there deserves a gun so don’t turn that around on me, what i AM saying is that if you take away weapons you’re not only making it so all the criminals have them and not the people who would rely on them.

and people kill people with pillows, knives, bats, chairs, fire, list goes on and on…but what you end up with is the situation where the person committing the crime has a 9mm and the officer in return has a can of mace. :frowning:

word :cool:

Originally posted by BlkP42E
yeah but say that a fat cop, 5’9 230lbs igetting attacked by come drunk guy or crackhead, like 6’2 215lbs, i mean im almost positive that they all do not carry tazers with them, nightsticks yes and mace yea, but the reality is that if the attack comes quick enough to the fact that they arent prepared for it, the cop may not get to them. and plus… a nightstick can only go so far. whats the difference between cracking someone in the head with a 1" round piece of wood, or shooting them in the leg? either one is really going to fucking hurt. just the stick will knock them unconcious and the bullet would immobilize them

i totally agree with Dappie, the cops dont fire for nothing, they fire for un-neccisary violence that endangers thier lives.

Actually the same thing pretty much happened down here a couple months back…A big guy who was on drugs and cracked out started attacking a cop and the cop called for back up…The attack went on for quite sometime but not ONE of the 6 cops used their gun…They all used their sticks and beat the guy…And I know none of y’all will probably agree with what I’ve been discussing but that’s ok…

:cool: