Black Man Goes on EPIC Rant Against Ferguson Rioters

:clap:

not so epic

The comments on the video are ridiculous.

not sure if anyones following the case but police released video of Michael Brown robbing a store right before getting shot

The police chief has since stated that the officer that shot him didn’t approach him because of the robbery. He was stopped for walking down the street.

Yea I heard that. Im not justifying the shooting, but it does paint a different picture of the guy. Just like Treyvon.

Wonder where the cops dash cam video is…

No dash cams(lulz, right?), multiple eye witnesses, but what does that really matter?

It’s interesting that they chose to release the information about him being a suspect in a robbery(that they’ve stated had nothing to do with why he was stopped), but still refuse to release the details on the shooting. That doesn’t seem like a smear campaign or that they’re trying to cover something up at all…

hah right

There is the United Negro College Fund but they never seem to be united as a people. If they took some of the hundreds of billions they make in sports and entertainment and invested back into their people who knows where they would be. The guy in the video at least recognizes what they are doing isn’t working so well.

I haven’t seen the picture of him dead, but people are saying the video of that person robbing the store the guy was wearing different clothes. Not that it’s impossible that he changed to try to evade police.

IMO a big part of why they (a tiny percentage of impoverished) go on to rake in hundreds of billions in sports & entertainment etc… is the burning desire poverty can create. The cream tends to rise to the top while the majority continue to drown in poverty. Google the lotto curse though, how many people have come into overnight millions only to be bankrupt a short time later? If you can’t properly manage your EBT balance how the fuck are you going to manage millions? Generally speaking people remain where they were raised (economically) because it’s all they know. Middle class remain middle class, poor remain poor and the wealthy remain wealthy…typically. This isn’t to say there’s a lack of opportunity in America, just that people tend to remain in their comfort zone rather than assume additional risk & take a leap of faith.

Fuel for the fire:

Sextuple tap.

By no means am I defending the rioters.

The comment section of this article has good arguments against the militarization of police:
http://blog.caranddriver.com/trickle-down-armor-feds-donate-mraps-to-local-police-departments/

Let me sum it up for you then:

2 groups of college students were selected at Standord. One group was to be guards, the other group was to be prisoners. The prisoner students were actually arrested and taken through the usual process and thrown in jail. The guard group was told to keep everyone in line. By the end of the experiment, the prisoner group was extremely demoralized, and the guard group had become extremely violent and brutal. The point to the experiment was to demonstrate that one’s surroundings have a direct correlation with one’s behavior. So by arming the police with ACTUAL military weapons and telling them that the populace must be subdued and controlled, they become an occupying military force that sees the use of their tools as the only option to achieve the desired goal of control and oppression.

In even simpler terms: You are what you eat. If you eat care and compassion, you become loved. If you eat armor and weapons, you become a tyrant.

And another poorly titled article against the militarization of police:

The worst part of outfitting our police officers as soldiers has been psychological. Give a man access to drones, tanks, and body armor, and he’ll reasonably think that his job isn’t simply to maintain peace, but to eradicate danger. Instead of protecting and serving, police are searching and destroying.

If officers are soldiers, it follows that the neighborhoods they patrol are battlefields. And if they’re working battlefields, it follows that the population is the enemy.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/de-militarize-local-police-forces-halt-grants-military-equipment-local-law-enforcement-help-end/mfFPx0yF

listen to the audio in the video in this article. it would seem at least this account made only minutes after the incident took place would indicate that michael brown charged the officer…which matches up with the description of events given by the friend of the officer who called into a local radio station.

dying over stealing a box of cigars is a pretty terrible thing whether because a cop was over zealous or the victim decided to get in a fight with cops over the matter.

https://youtu.be/G2tLyqfJd54

That doesn’t matter. I need to get back to my peaceful protest now before the store runs out of free cigarettes and TVs.

Im sure youve heard of this…if not heres the video
FYI, it shows the guy getting shot from about 50ft away

[video]http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2014/08/video-kajieme-powell-killing-differs-from-police-description[/video]

Not sure why its not embedding ^^^

50 feet? Are you crazy? He fell pretty much at the cop’s feet.

So the guy robbed a store and a bunch of witnesses called the police because he was walking around muttering and brandishing a knife. Cops show up, knowing the guy has a knife, guns drawn. Instead of dropping the knife the guy walks right at the cops shouting “SHOOT ME NOW”.

I see people crying “they should have tased him”. Have you watched the video? As soon as they get out of the car he’s already heading right at them with the knife yelling. No way in that situation a reasonable person is going to holster their weapon while trying to draw the taser out.

no im saying the camera is that far away. Just letting people know you can see the guy die, but its no graphic

agreed, i would have shot him. Maybe not as many times but yea

I think a taser would have been reasonable. If you dont maybe a quick search of youtu e will show you what happens when you get hit by one