incase your switching to direct tv...

Truth. This guy is :tup:

BTW, the only actual problem I’ve had with Dish in the last two years was the result of a barrel connection outside, that was reinstalled poorly by a seperate construction crew.
I called CS to get a service call, got past the indian rep by asking how much my term fee was… this got me to a american guy in the retention department who was super willing & helpful.

Otherwise, I’ve moved all of my equipment around more then a few times, and have had zero tech problems.

+1. Carbon is the Dish man.

I had TW before Dish and I’ve had WAY better service with Dish than TW ever gave me.

QFT.

My DirecTV had issues until they finally sent an installer who knew what he was doing. After he set it up, my dish has survived 80+MPH winds, snowstorms, ice, whateverbuffaloweather, etc. with ZERO disruption in service. It’s ALL about your installer.

DirecTv is baller status, Dish is like the cheaper dumbed down verision of DirecTv :stuck_out_tongue: . My mother-in-law has Dish and I dont like it. Granted Im not used to working a Dish so Im totally lost when I navigate it.

My only complaint about DirecTv is that it is expensive to upgrade to HD. $100 for the HD receiver then you have to pay $70 for delivery/install unless you sign up for some coverage that costs an extra $5.95 a month on top of the $10 for HD service. IRC

lol they must get a bonus for protection plans she was trying to scam you

Just beer? Damn, I want those tools back!!:smiley:

That is key. I work for DirectTV, and that is definately the #1 reason for service calles. the #2 reason is that some of us don’t get paid shit so some guys are total hacks because of this.

DirecTV>Dish Network. I may be a little bias, Dish sucks. <3 DirecTV.
Our HD>*

one of few jobs you do 100 percent to a t everyday and there is no benefit for it.

Ohhh yeah!!! I use the razor everyday!! It is wonderful!!! Still looking for a place to use the bolt extractors though. Vise grips work great too. Thanks again Mike!!

As far as the HD goes, yes DTV has more (for now). Things will change come May though!!! (Local HDs are on there way!!)