India's $2500 car

That’s what I’m curious about. I also wonder though if all you can afford is a $2500 car, how much can you really spend on gas?

I dont care what anyone says. Tata is and always has been one impressive company. Im not exactly sure why they bought Jaguar but they make a lot of great operating decisions.

This car however, lawl!

if these come here well we will be screwed . it will look like china:picard:

they cant come here if the top speed is 43 mph

I think these things are impressive. And if there’s a huge market in India for people who need cars under $3k then good for this company meeting the need. There may be some side effects (JayS I bet you $100 we won’t see any gas price increase linked back to these),but I don’t know if they’ll be bad. Maybe now they can drive to a better job or transport someone faster to a doctor or who knows. I’m certainly not knowledgeable of the lifestyles in India but I can’t see this car as an omen or anything.

The safety thing is a good question, smart cars do well in testing but those are ~$15k IIRC and the frames are probably better built/stronger.

mmmm I bet they smell like curry inside.

“mmmm” nothing, I have indian neighbors and our lobby smells like diaper shit at breakfast lunch and dinner time >:E