ingrown toenail

anyone ever had one where they had to do surgery? i’m leaving to ER here shortly bc it looks like my toe is infected along with the ingrown… what do they do?

they numb the toe and either cut half the nail off and scrape out the infection or cut the whole nail off. it all really depends how bad the infection is.

how long can it take to heal? ive got vacation in a week

you’ll just have to keep it clean(,especally if your going to a beach. you can walk on it as soon as its done, it just feels weird because your toe is numb.

i’m going to a lake… and I am dying to wakeboard and just swim… but i guess that won’t happen

my one toenail gets ingrown all the time. First time I had it done, involved laser surgery. Hurt like a son of a bitch the next day. The second time, they just numbed the area down, and cut it out. I was walking on it both times the next day. They may not even do anything with an infection present. They may just give you an antibiotic for the time being, then cut it out.

Thats what I am hoping

I had surgery.

one toe had to have it because I stepped on a nail and it went thru the toe and later down the road lead to an ingrown toenail on the big toe.

while i was there he asked if i would like the other toe done too because i had one there too.
I dont beleive mine was very infected but it Hurt like hell!

Surgery was easy and didnt hurt, well except for the shot to numb you.
You sit down in a chair and they come in with a LARGE shot with the longest needle i seen, they stick it in thru the top and inject, then keep pushing till the needle almost comes out the underside of the toe and inject again. (they do this on each side of the toe) after about 20 mins its comepletely numb, doctor cuts and digs out the side of the toe and your amazed how deep the nail goes. after its all dug out and cleaned out they use a laser of some sort and burn the side of the nail so the nerves are dead and the nail never grows on the side to become ingrown anymore…

I HIGHLY recommend the surgery, i’ve never had a problem since and you never have to worry about trimming the sides in fear of an ingrown. ( I wanna get all my nails done lol)

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/Toefix.JPG
As you can see, the nail no longer grows down into the side of the toe :rofl:

( I have huge big toes as my girlfriend says)

just got back… it is really infected but I only got antibiotics… they insisted that it should not be removed until it is disinfected because infected things do not numb. so it would be like just ripping ur toenail out as is

Just step up and be a man, let them rip it off…

u first

Go old school. A shot of whiskey and a pair of pliers.

just MAN UP and don’t be a pussy

gotta be a man first…

:1320:

:rofl:

vicodin ftw

you find a little bit of everything on pittspeed!!

I’ve had an ingrown nail for YEARS… I always just man up and cut that fawker out… blood, puss… its intence.

Might be more than a shot needed haha.

I got one once. I popped it by pressing the nail into the pus bag, then dumped hydrogen peroxide into the gaping hole left by popping it, then put my entire foot into a bath of isopropyl alcohol. Yes, it hurt like hell…but it didn’t return after I did this and started cutting the nail properly at the front (don’t cut too short, don’t use a rounded cut, do use sharp cutters etc.).