Innovative is closed until Wednesday, 5/21

Problem with this is, I leave for the track on Thursday, and I need a pre-track checklist ran, and some pads installed on my 04 STi. Who do I call, besides a dealer?

Eeep.

a) do the pads yourself as it is probably the easiest job in the history of car repairs
b) dunno what to tell you about the pre-track inspection… but def go with what i said for letter A :slight_smile:

Sti pads are SUPER easy.

in fact i bet the car comes with enough tools to do them.

what track? Dunnville? if so, why you leaving Thursday? If not pardon my ignorance, and change the brakes yourself, go over your vehicle with a fine tooth comb, and just deal with having to have the normal tech inspection on the day of the event.

pre track inspection and pads can be done by just about any shop… granted a good one might find problems better and a bad shop might make up problems that don’t exist…

Don???

If you’re talking about the tech inspection for 5/24 Dunnville meet, that can be done on site…

MoSport I suspect. And STi pads are ridiculously easy.

^ Right, Mosport. And so I hear. I suppose I can find time to do the pads myself, but I don’t think signing my name and filling in “Me on my driveway” as the “Inspecting Organization” on the inspection form will be satisfactory…

Doesn’t have to be a Subaru shop, or a tuning shop. Just looking for a shop that I could call and maybe squeeze in Wednesday for a look over the car and to sign the sheet. :slight_smile:

This is an important distinction. I’m looking for the former.

make sure joo have good fluid

You have a PM :slight_smile:

Not waiting till the last minute for $500, Trebeck.

We’re open again today…

good luck with the inspection and with the car. Newman is 100% correct, the car some with everything you need to change them. needle nose pliars are helpful to pull the pins though.

I’ll take out of town for the last two weeks and almost too busy to sleep for the last month for $1000.

It’s sorted out now. Thanks for the (amazingly few) helpful replies.

amazing few… come on dood its changing brakes… anyone can do brakes… and if u go to the racetrack u should know what they look for at the tech inspection.
:tdown: to you

wow…

good to hear I guess.