Input wanted: 2006 STi, 04-06 EVO, 00-05 Celica GT-S, 02-06 RSX Type-S, 06 Civic Si

This thread is absolutely NOTHING like any of his threads. This thread is looking for input from owners of these cars, or people that have experience with them, so I can make a more educated decision on the cars I"M considering. I’m not buying a car for someone else here.

His thread would be asking people what to buy, or about lift kits, or some other stupid shit.

On topic, thanks for the info. everyone.

:word:

honestly joe, i dont really think the evo would fit u for a DD. i believe the sti you would like a lot better for daily driving in the long run.

the maintenance alone is a PITA, brake job on all four corners will be a grand if not more, depending on the parts u select.

amazing. just crossed my mind right before read your post.

i’m seriously considering getting one in a couple years if i can get enough scholarships for my doctorate… just to piss off the others in my program :slight_smile:

Do not get an evo as a DD.
-Insurance is expensive
-Maintenance (Brake pads are expensive, drive belt every 30k, including all fluids (tranny, xfer case and diff.)
-Shitty gas mileage (~23mpg)
-Body parts are really expensive (a small tap on my front bumper cover cost me 1000 to replaced).
-Got to warm the car up or else the gearbox will shift funny.
-Not a comfortable car to commute in. You’ll hated it after awhile.
-Very popular amongst thieves. Not sure where do you work and lives, but something to consider.

BTW, Sold my evo ix after 2 yrs of ownership with 31k miles.

EDIT: Well i pretty much repeat the same thing as the other evo driver did.

Not readying everything, EVO wins, awd and 4g63 there is no better combo on your list! best handling and easiest to mod for big or mild power! But to be fair the STI is a close second.

isn’t that pretty much what the purpose is… asking for input on why to get one car over another ?

regardless - get the rsx or civic, you know how much you love to nutsuck honda for its daily driving purposes, I really don’t know why you’re asking.

better gas mileage, cheaper to maintain, less insurance cost, the only thing it lacks is power and AWD. You don’t NEED AWD, snow tires on FWD is fine… and what do you need a fast daily for ?

I’m still pushing for the RSX.

Joe, YOU LOVE HONDA.

And the RSX with exhaust and aero-kit ( like zong’s old rsx ) will be a fun peppy DD.

All the others are just too expensive for DD purposes. Who cares if it’s FWD… it’ll be better in winter… and you have two other RWD cars you can track. ( i mean you ARE going to track your esprit right? )

god, fag - why don’t you just quote me and say “exactly what he just said” :gay2:

edit: fag you copied my shit, i just was distracted and couldnt post :gtfo:

Joe, get the RSX…I have never had an issues with FWD in the winter you dont need AWD and an RSX will track fantastic if you want to take it there once or twice. Either RSX or get a sack and buy your NSX for all year car

joe won’t take either car to the track so what is the point of mentioning that…

also if he gets an NSX for an all year car i’ll pretty much have to completely write off any possibility of him having logic behind any decision he makes. he already knows my utter hate for this idea as it is completely fucking retarded.

edit: adam, you’re clearly the fag, timestamps don’t lie. get off my nuts.:rolljerk:

I know he wont, but we know Joe wants to be assured it has that sportiness to to it. His logic is retarded we know this already, but he is Joe and we love him. Joe buy a Spec V

^Now THAT would be retarded. :rx3:

Just Kidding. I think he has to buy the RSX if he wants to make a semi-sane decision here.

All you fags, cool it…

An NSX is not something I’m ready to buy yet, I got enough other things on my plate between the house and the other cars to take on another exotic right now. So, you can rule that out for a couple years yet.

I’ll cert. do at least a couple days at Dunnville Chino, so eat shit. As far as what car I’ll use, who knows? I’ll be doing it for fun, it’s not something I’m doing to be competitive. The first day, I know I’m splitting a slot with andy and his Z. So that’ll be fun. And I may very well keep the RX7. So…I got options.

Anyways, I’m realizing more and more an RSX Type-S would be an excellent fit, for what I’m looking for, OVERALL. That’s why I was looking for input, I knew I’d get a lot of EVO/STi info. And as much as I’d like one of those, it’s prob. very much a false economy to expect them to be better daily duty cars than an RSX would be.

So that’s where I’m at…

i did, i read this thread, and its fucking nutty.

all though it is at least headed in the right direction with you buying something not retarded like the RSX.

edit: additionally, all though you may or may not ever goto the track, my comment as much as it is funnier to read it as you will never goto the track, it said you will never take this car to the track.

:spank:

Anyways Chris, I’ve driven my mom’s Spec V enough to know I wouldn’t want one as a DD car. I like it, but it’s just not me…too big for what it is. If I EVER got a car that size, it’d be an STi/EVO…

but if its too big for then why are you even toying with the fact of an Evo or Sti they are bigger, sure they are more power and AWD I love you Joe

Being an Evo owner, that pretty much sums up what I was going to say. I’ll also let you take my evo 9 out anytime. Just PM me. Insurance for me is not outrageous either and my record isn’t the greatest. Maintenance could get expensive if you go to the dealership but why bother. I usually do all the “easy” maintenance myself for a lot less.

The reason I chose Evo over STI was because of price and availability.

I haven’t been active on NY speed lately, and just noticed this thread. Joe, you know my feelings. Maybe we need to trade cars for a weekend to help make up your mind :rx3:. Let’s hit up a track day together, and you can take it out and remove doubt.

The only maintenance I’ve had to do to the car have been due to the track time it’s seen. The cost to own has been cheap for the fun. I DD the car 30 miles each way to work and have no complaints.

As far as gas mileage I get between 18 and 22 consistantly.

As far as the EVO vs STi thing that just won’t die THEY ARE PRACTICALLY THE SAME FREKIN CAR. They weight within 100lbs of each other, Both ~300hp AWD, both respond well to mods. I chose the Subaru for their reputation for reliability, and so far the car has held up to it. I’ve had NO problems in the 32,000 mile’s I’ve driven it. I think you’d be much happier with a Turbo AWD car than any NA FWD. Get an STi, DD it, track it when you can (involving almost no prep), put snows on it for December through April and enjoy!

I thought one thing that everybody could agree on is that evos and stis feel very different to drive.