Input wanted: 2006 STi, 04-06 EVO, 00-05 Celica GT-S, 02-06 RSX Type-S, 06 Civic Si

I hear ya, I seem to be putting my snows on earlier every year :banghead:

yea… and snows in nice weather is such a bad call. I think mine were on in sept. this year, I still think I can squeeze three winters out of them though

Thanks for all the input guys. EVO/STi battle arguments aside, there are a lot of strong points mentioned here. Much appreciated.

And to answer a couple ?'s, I have driven EVO’s and Sti’s many times, and find them both a blast to drive. However, I do not OWN one, and maintenance cost is something I didn’t thoroughly think through YET. I kind of am assuming (I know, I know) that being newer cars, just a couple years old, there really aren’t too many costs to be concerned for. But they are generally driven hard, and being turbocharged, AWD, etc., there can certainly be a lot to be worried for.

Again thanks to all the good input, please keep more coming if you have it.

Also, yes, I’m aware my choices in cars are incredibly rare and impractical, I know. But I never get bored, and I haven’t lost money on a car yet…

my first choice would be civic SI, my second would be STi. I never recommend evos for daily drivers for the same reason I never recommend STis for track/race cars.

if your thinking of an rsx yet also thinking of the price range of an sti, why not get a tsx?

My Si will probably be for sale in a couple months. White sedan with Nav, pretty much mint except for a rough 2nd gear when its cold - but its under warranty, and is fine once its warm. I love it but have other priorities.

Too practical.

:slight_smile:

your ridiculous haha

Haha, nah Jay, it’s just not my style, you know that…but they are definately fantastic cars, I like them a lot. Just not enough to own one.

No S2000s?

I get 25+ mixed easy driving

For a DD, I would go with the RSX or the Civic. You already have 2 cars for speed/ handling, so go with the best mileage for the DD (I just don’t like the looks of the Celica’s).

LGT?

Celica GT-S’s tend to bend valves. Not the most reliable Toyota out there thats for sure. When I worked at the Toyota dealer in my opinion it was the 2nd worst car to work on. 1st was the Previa haha. They also don’t make any power til like 6k rpm and when you start getting that high like I said… they bend valves.

Badass! Or Forrester XT sport

No, just looking for feedback on what I mentioned. Thanks though, those are nice.

:wink:
It’s more of a hatred of Mitsu than the Evo. I will admit they are moderately fun to drive. But I dont like taking apart the suspension to do service on the transfer case. And I hate Mitsubishi. I really just like picking on you, blue, joeS and Sam. And I hate Mitsubishi. Besides, AWD is boring, I’ve already told you that… and I hate Mitsubishi…

:wink: :present:

Just buy an NSX and drive it year round, no reason not to.

Oh and I agree with selling the Mr2, but I know how you feel about that…

6-Speed G35 Coupe FTW.

Celicas are too small IMO for a daily.
RSXs are alright, and ride better than Celicas, but kinda ugly.
EVOs and STIs have 4 doors… And I hate 4 door cars.

You already have 2 or 3 cars that are great for the track/autox/whatever. For a sensible but fun DD I’d go with an RSX or Civic SI. I’d take the SI based on personal preference. AWD doesn’t do anything for me in a DD. The hondas will be Cheaper to insure, easier on gas and more comfortable but still fun to drive. The celica I wouldn’t even consider.

Where is the poll? Doesn’t mikeri24 get bashed for these threads?

heh just get the sti joe… i know how you drool over them all the time… their insurance is going to be higher and the gas milage not as good but since your not concerned about that, get it. you’ll be more then happy with it.

if not i’d go with the si first and the rsx second only because i really hate the interiors on the rsx but they are a nice drive.

SSL Evo.