Evo guys and others. Please read.

[left]I know it seems like everyone is buing an Evo. But I have been thinking about this for a while now.

I bought my Civic for a few reasons:

1. Saftey- I wouldn’t be alive if it wasn’t for my first of three now.
  2. Cheap, peppy, and I had big plans for it (which fell through from some money problems)
  3. I love the style of the EP (yeah, yeah I have heard all the other opinions)

Well now I’m bored, discouraged, and can’t see dumping money into it. I have a hard time seeing myself in anything else, but…

I want an AWD all year round fun car. Plus, quickness wise its obviously an upgrade.

My friends are sick of hearing me change my mind every five minutes about this. So I’m asking this lovely forum.

Anyone thinking of selling theirs? Know someone who is? Or a dealer with some used or good priced new? And any reason why my logic is off?

I know this is long, but I really need some help with this. I’ll most likely be trading in the EP and loosing some money, but its easier. I would sell it for ~$9,500 ( '03 black/black 50K).

Thanks guys.

cliffs- help me get a new car.

[size=2]EDIT_I would pay a generous finder’s fee if things went through as well.
[/size] [/left]

If you can get financed, I would suggest trading in your Civic direct to a dealer for a new EVO IX. Then you can be the first kid on your block with one.

If you can sell the Si yourself, then that would work too.

You might also want to test drive the STi. Who knows, you might like it better than the EVO :gotme:

You will have to do some legwork to find out whether a dealer has any used ones in stock. A simple call or stop in and you should know.

Also go to some of the national EVO or STI forums. There are always EVOs or STis for sale there. You’d be better off doing your own research/searching than waiting around here for someone to do it for you.

Yeah, I tried to leave it short so people would read it.

I have driven both. I did like the STI a tad better, but to be honest I couln’t tell you why. I have just found Evo’s tend to be a little better priced used.

As far as dealers. I found a few (approx 200 miles + away) that have some, but there so closely priced to new ones, I couldn’t justify buying them.

Just wondering if anyone knows anyone, and if anyone has regrets after buying and so forth.

It’s been a long night. lol

EDIT_and I just signed up on some other forums as well. Just figured I’de get some info here too if people feel like responding :slight_smile:

Haggle.

Yeah dont walk into a place thinking thats the price youll pay but for the most part these wont be dropping in price anytime soon atthe rate they are getting sold. Wish you luck though.

I am hearing through the grapevine that Mitsu is offering 0% financing on the EVO’s now?

Anyone else hear this?

0% financing… so sweet, i’d def rock one if i didn’t already have two cars. Maybe I could trade them both in for one :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t believe 0% is going on anymore. I bought mine in August when it was going on and then the dealer told me that they were also extending it through Sept only.
If you can find a dealer with an Evo 8 I"d be surprised. If you do, they probably would give you a good deal to make room for 9’s.

Free gas for a year if you buy a new mitsubishi…incentive enough :slight_smile: (not sure if that applies to EVO’s)

si brandon - if you don’t mind the drive you’ll find EVO’s as well as STI’s stupid cheap in the long island area. Thats where I started looking. The problem is that you can’t test drive them if you don’t go down there, but back in March when I was looking, the prices sellers were looking for were consistently ~2k lower than here which off balances the cost of gas/flatbed to transport cars.

classifieds sections in:
www.evo-ny.com
www.nasioc.com

hope this helps :tup:

I am happy with my evo, and I also got in on the 0% financing. I like the sti also but I doubt you will ever see that low of a financing on an sti, Not sure if the 0% is still going on, call around. Its truly your decision really. Good luck.

Yeah I would obviously haggle. Hell, I got 3k of my Si sticker price :slight_smile:

EVO’s just seemed to be all around better priced, online and dealerships.

And shit 0%! I’ll be checking on that tonight! And same with the gas.

And I wouldn’t mind driving down to Long Island. I’ll check that out.

Thanks for the help guys.

OT_ Sureshot. I’ll reply to your PM when I get home. This work computer is being all wierd with PM’s.