inspection

I just got a ticket for overdue inspection. I was just wondering if someone could PM me a good place to get one done, hopefully I can get it in tommorow as to not receive to big a of a fine.

thanks

did you really just ask where to get a inspection?

open up the phone book perhaps?

pretty much any pep boys, valvoline, mr oil change, walmart, etc etc.

I like going to the oil change places because they don’t do any of the repairs on the stuff they’re checking, so no chance of a shop boosting their profits by failing you for something marginal or even completely fine.

goodyear svc centers are open today until 4pm…

kinda OT…but, how much is the fine for an overdue inspection if you don’t get it inspected within a business day of receiving the ticket?

95$ last couple times

55$ was a surcharge

Good logic here. With one exception you’ll need a powersteering flush, and transmission flush sir.
I send my folks with their new cars there, last time the guys talked my old man into a powersteering flush saying it was reccomended by the manufacturer. Well being it was a reccomended maintanence item my father bought it. He tells me the next day so i call a buddy at Keyser and ask what the reccomended change interval is. He laughs at me and says i should know better. Their recommended interval is when theres a failure. I was gonna make an issue but- i’ll even it other ways LOL

I’m just going to sit here amused at the thread. Thanks.

If you had Saturday hours I probably would have brought the truck to you.

gf got one and i took it next day to get inspected. took paper work to court they threw out the ticket

Mainly I was looking for a place that won’t fail for stupid things like a plate light or start replacing things so I can pass and charging me for it.

well if all your lights were operating then they wont have to fail you

Ding.

Not to mention no appointment needed, and speedy as all shit.

Thanks, Jay. Actually, I’m still waiting on my numbers and NYS inspection computer, but that’s still likely 2-3 weeks out.

If you only had a plate light problem, you wouldn’t be looking around for the “blind eye” shop, and just take it anywhere.

plate lights are like < $2.

:picard:

Just took to an oil change place. All they did was check the lights and nothing else. The other places I took it to before were really in depth about it and failed me on something and asked to fix it.

will it really pass?

If not, fix it?

If you know it will not pass, and do not want to fix it, you should already
know of a shop or friend to help you “pass”.

There are always coupons for value discount muffler on Delaware?
$7 or something. Then you will probably see what might cause it to fail :lol:

Like what?

Did you tip them well, so they might remember you the next time you don’t want an inspection?