installing a deck into my skyline

does anyone know what wire will be the stock amp turn on wire if so let me know thanks

use a wire harness

for any 1991 nissan

just say you need the harness for a 91 300zx

thats all i do

and i have done liek 10 skylines on the side and about 5 at my work for deck installs

i have never hooked up the amp turn on and it works fine

Does your car have a small amplifier in the trunk between the rear deck speakers? If it does then take your remote turn on wire off your after market deck and find the remote turn on wire at your harness. On the 300ZX it is Blue/White with the Bose System. I found a clarion amp stock in a R32 GTS-T. The harness adapters will not have this wire on them. In most cases you never need to turn on an amp unless its aftermarket. This system uses high level inputs for signal and amplifies that to your speakers. Hope this helped. :partyman:

Just test the wire you think is remote turn on with a multimeter with your stock deck hooked up. If its live when the ignition is ACC or On but dead when the key is out then you found it. :drinkers:

rewire your speakers without using that amp, thats the best idea

I agree. The factory amp is ok. but it clips out when you crank it. Has anyone ever put larger speakers in the door? 6.5" Components would be sweet but nissan seems to like 4 by 6 plates.

i have 5.25 infinity components in my doors, i just made custom 1/4mdf plates for them, can easily be done to fit 6.5’s

i also made some for my friends silvia for 6.5’s

i could do it if you want, takes around a hour or so to do, or any shop in the city could do it

bump for shawn, his installs were very clean…shoulda seen the s-10 8)

Hey shawley so your saying that a wiring harness for a 300Zx (z32) will work for GTS-T type M?

Hey shawley so your saying that a wiring harness for a 300Zx (z32) will work for GTS-T type M?[/quote]

yes it will work the same