installing decals (even in winter)

just thought id post a diy for decals seeing as i always see really badly placed decals. things you need bucket or even cup of water with soap, something to wipe off the water with, blowdryer or heat gun(preferablly blowdryer cuz its safer), and some tape(tape is optional)

1.first clean off the surface where your putting the decals.
2.next pour the water with soap on the spot where you want the decals.
3.put on the decal where while the spot is still wet.
4.you’ll be able to move the decal around since the spot is wet. make sure you have it centered exactly where you want it.
5.tape one side of the decal(either left or right will be fine). make sure to wipe off any excess water before doing this though.
6.next lift up the other side thats not taped down. wipe off the water underneath the decal while making sure the side thats taped down doesnt move.
7.use the blowdryer/heatgun to dry off the spot where your sticking it and as well as the adhesive side of the decal.
8. starting on the side closest to where the tape is. start reapplying the decal while making sure that there are no bubbles.(you do this by using a squegee or just using ur finger like a squegee)
9.now repeat step 7 and 8 for the other side.
10.trace the decal with your finger making sure to press out any bubbles if any.
11. its always a good idea to heat up the decal one more time to make sure it cures properly.

im putting more on my skyline and will be taking step by step pictures when i do that.

man those are alot of steps,
1.wipe the area down with a damp cloth.
2.peel back the decal
3.centre it with a reference point on the car
4.stick it on
5.then run a blade over it to get raid of the air bubbles
done

My DIY for winter decal note: this was done on windows, not paint, the procedure is simpler than putting on paint

1. Wipe with damp cloth
  2. Wipe with MF towel
  3. Peel backing off
  4. Center on where you want to put it on
  5. Put it on like BAM
  6. Use fingers to remove bubbles
  7. RUB IT LIKE CRAZY WITH YOUR FINGERS to heat up the glue
  8. Pray it doesn’t come off

Yes I actually did this to my SPI stickers, so far no problems at all

A credit card works wonders for step #4

I would also recommend using a spray-bottle to dispense the soapy water… just so the water ‘clings’ to the surface, as opposed to running straight down.