anyone have a heatgun I can use?

and/or does anyone want to help me take the ugly decals off the side of the goat this weekend? it should be nice and honestly… I feel like a turd sandwich driving around with it on there so it would be nice to get it done with. I’ll buy beer

lmk

thanks
steve

also, any techniques/info to get it off easier is always welcome aswell. it worries me because, aside from the big stripe, there are a bunch of little parts of it that arent attached to the main “body” of the decal which I could see being a huge pain in the ass.

heat gun might be too powerful, hair dryer would probably be more gentle

hair drier if its 80 degrees out, not 30

heat gun will be fine, and my father has one if u wanna go get it…lol

heat gone would probably work better. go get a mass quantity of goo gone to. personally i would actually pay someone to remove them like a tint place

Harbor freight has a nice heat gun for under 10 bux. Works great. Ive had mine for over a year now and havent had a problem with it.

yea get the harbor freight one, and go to pep boys and get some sticker shock… it works good

great, thanks gents

well, removing them now. An engineer I work with let me use one.

taking the vinyl off was pretty easy actually… just took a little patience. Removing the adhesive on the other hand… want a HUGE PITFA. took me about 20 mins to remove about 6" of the shit and got ALOT more to go :tdown:

using goo-gone BTW

Just hit both sides with a hammer and tell the insurance company some crackhead did it. :slight_smile:

But you’ll need to go do it in Buffalo for it to be believed.

^lol

rubbing alcohol works a million times better then goo gone for removing the advesive, I’ve done this before

I’ll try that, thanks :tup:

stay away from alcohol with acetone in it…

3m adhesive remover does wonders also I believe I might have some left, works amazing as long as the surface is warmish. (Blow dryer is more than enough.)

well, got it all off… just finished about an hour ago. my fingers hurt and are bleeding, but atleast that eye soar is off of it. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to wash and wax it tomorrow for the cruise if I can make it

this is a little late. but most vinyl will come off with the adhesive still stuck to the vinyl if your careful. Just heat the PANEL the decal is on. not the decal itself. If you get the metal its on up to around 120 or quite warm to the touch and pull the vinyl off as it stretches the adhesive should stick to the vinyl its on. and come off pretty cleanly. and for the rest of the adhesive. soak it with mineral spirits with a few light mists. then wipe the softened adhesive off with a box of rags shop cloths. Paper towels are made from wood pulp. and can cause swirl marks.

thanks for the heads up :stuck_out_tongue:

it actually turned out ok… I was worried about burning the paint, but I think I may have scratched it a little (couldn’t really tell in the lighting I was in)… hopefully not though. nothing a good coat of wax wont hide :slight_smile: