removing the pin-stripe?

you know that ugly little stripe along the bottom of the car. i want to get rid of it. for those who have done it whats the best way? did you have to use a heat gun? does it leave any residue?

wait for a nice summer day (25-30 degrees) and just peel it off. It will leave some glue residue, but you can scrub it off with GooGOne, 20 minutes tops. The hardest area is the front& rear bumbers, the adhesive sticks better to plastics than metal.

DRE

Perhaps take a hair dryer and warm it up before you start peeling.

And as Dre said, the left over glue is a PITA to take out.

I did it,

with a hair dryer, it took me over 2 hours because of the shitty tape thats ont he front and rear bumper dosnt all peel off, my finger nail was so sore.

Side is easy.

DON’T USE HEAT! Its going to make things worse. I just pealed them off and then used clay bar to take off the gum (tape rez). You can also get a liquid that will take off the gum.

Yup I second that. Not to hot, not too cold. Use googone, varsol, clay bars … it will be a bit of a pita to get that glue off but it will be worth it

I Used heat and I had 0 gum on the hard tape, lots on the stuff on the bumper

haha i noticed the prev. owner of my car took it off already, but now its still noticeable because i can see a brighter white… the paint faded over the years…