Black stripe around car.

Hey guys I have no clue what the ugly black stripe that goes around my car is called but I’am sure you guys know what I’am talking about. Well I need it removed what do I use to remove this stripe? I heard theres some special spray that removes this, if you know anything about this let me know.

Thanks!

Not sure how to removei t but i kinda like it! lol my cars been painted and i got the stripe done again!

brake cleaner, and a rag after u get the strip off.

Thanks for the help! Appreciate it.

If you’re repainting the car, I’d use Goo-Gone, or as mentioned brake clean with a flat razor blade.

But they will hurt the finish on the car, so I wouldn’t remove the trim otherwise.

Well I used sticker and decal remover from canadiantire and a flat screwdriver with a cloth over it and it all came off perfectly after like 3 hours of peeling it, but atleast it looks good now and no damage was done.

Thanks alot guyz!

My girlfriend did it to my car for me today perfectly. All i had her do was use the heat gun and a bondo spreader and she got it all off in 20 minutes. There was a tiny bit of glue in spots, but if you take your time it should all come off in one piece, glue and all. If you don’t have a heat gun, a hair dryer works too.

Baller. Does she have a sister, or cousin, or friend that can weld? Just MIG is fine. I need a girl like that in my life :smiley:

Damn i wish my girlfriend wanted to work on my car with me lmao…lucky~

I don’t want her to work WITH me, I want her to work FOR me :smiley:

i know a man that could that for you…

I do too, but I want a girl :smiley:

LOL speaking of the black stripe and girlfriends… I think i take the cake my gf removed the black stripe for me also , assisted me (actually unbolted and detached stuff not sitting around watching 50/50 effort) completely gut the interior, rust paint everything, remove ALL the shitty tint dried up flaking bubbling tint (the biggest pita ever) and bought me rims for christmas! like Busta Rhymes once said… “I love my chick”