interested in using Lexan.....

i’m glad this came up, I was thinking of using lexan for headlight housing lenses.

And plexi would be worse.

Any types of materials that would be scratch resistant, and still be able to heat it up to shape it?

This is for my crx. As far as i can tell, the dimensions of this sunroof are considerably larger than the stock sunroofs. I dont know the make or brand of the sunroof that was installed, it has no markings or brand names on it anywhere. Aside from that, i have visited a few places that sell and install sunroofs, and nobody has anything, not even in a catalog somewhere, that comes close to the dimensions i have. so, alternative ideas are where im at…

junked crx with good roof and make a targa top?

I work at curbell! yay!

yeah, cant seem to find any crx’s around here…

ceran wrap and duct tape? :shrug:

I dont see why a piece of lexan to fill a sunroof hole wouldnt work. Attaching it and sealing it without it looking like shit may be another story.

Really? Cool, we use you guys a bit for work projects. Mainly for G10, G7 and Ultem parts …

Dan

i used a piece of lexan as the rear window of my tracker. some scratches but its always dirty so it doesnt matter anyway. i used the X10 stuff from home depot. no yellowing at all and its been in for over a year.

percys speedglass is lexan with a scratch resistant coating. they sell it at summit racing.

Brian