Lexan

Do any of you guys know where I would be able to get some sheets of tinted lexan? I have checked Home Depot and Crappy Tire and they only seem to have clear lexan, I’m looking for some lexan with very heavy tint.

Why don’t you buy the clear lexan and tint it yourself? Tinting a flat piece would be uber easy and you could get whatever shade you want.

it’s better TO tint it yourself as poly carbonate IS not petrochemical resistant… so any oil or gas or even a solvent cleaner that touches the lexan will craze and weaken it…

I figured if it was pre tinted it would look better… but I guess I can try to tint it and see how it turns out… now where can I find some tint :slight_smile:

You can find some shitty stuff at CanadianTire (Gala).

I would recommend you find 3M or similar quality. It depends on your application though … what do you have in mind ?

Its for a stealth gauge mount I have in mind… so the tinted lexan will basically go in front of the gauges. Where would I find some nice 3M stuff? Something like Van and Truck world or something? Any place in Oakville you can think of?

how about spray-on taillight tint?