Internal Server Error

I get this message atleast once a day.

No matter if im at home or work.

It usually goes away after you hit refresh once or twice…

Anyone else get this message… Whats the deal?

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3257/57681844sq2.jpg

hmm not sure

site’s been real good for me lately

i don’t get an error screen. but it just will not load sometimes. at all. close the web and let it sit for a minute ir two and it’s fine. SON has always been weird for me.

I get that screen every now and then. not a big deal though, doesnt happen enough.

yup happens ever so often, same solution.
Who is you ISP and what are you dns ips?

I get it usually once a day, but it only lasts a moment.

whoever knows how to run a traceroute, post the output so we can try to isolate where along the route the connection gets munged…

there’s no big magic to it. For a basic trace run “tracert www.son240sx.org” and post your trace route table results here so we can see where it drops en route.

http://www.mediacollege.com/internet/images/traceroute.gif

You know I think this has to do with son240’s host, because out of all the sites I browse, son240 is very slow at times. Not all the time just sometimes it starts lagging and doesn’t load, times out and/or gives the internal server error. Definetely son240 host/server end.

did anyone read the tabs at the bottom of the screen bomb derrick?
ramps,fuel log and aircraft tracking systems?

^^^ watch out CN Tower! nah man im at work, Common do i look like a terrorist?? :S

I think its the internet at my damn work…its happening alot here! O well ill deal with it…

As for that trace thing…it starts off like yours but randomly closes… gets to like 15 then closes…

For the last 3 days SON has been really slow for me, the front page opens and then when I start browsing sections, it wont load a page for the longest time or internal error on me. Somethings’ definitely changed, it was never like this before.

It’s not anybody’s individual internet, it’s son itself, because all other sites work just fine for me and are fast. Work, home, family’s home, friend’s home, all the same.

PS - Weaves I like your white hatch it looks nice.

yea i get this error about once a day too/…and sometimes itjust wont load…but i just exit and re-try and it works every time

Yeah, I get that all the time, and only with SON, kinda a pita but I deal.

I get the typical, hang.
Sometimes nothing will load for a good 20 minutes.

I get the ISE error once in a while as well.

The issue has to do with our database being so large (250MB+) and I don’t think DreamHost is doing well enough to handle this.

I’ll be contacting them regarding performance issues.

I’m guessing their servers suck, a 250MB database is not that large per say. It’s behaving a little better today, no slow downs or time outs or interval server errors in IE.

I contacted support.

They’ve recommended some suggestions that I will be trying out shortly. Also a new update is planned in the coming days/weeks so I’ll do it then in one shot.

So far last few days/hours it’s been pretty stable.

You have to open the command prompt before starting a trace route.