internet car scam

so i’m tryin to sell my rx-7. some guy wants to send me 5000 i’m only asking 1200. he wants me to send the change to the shipiing company imideatly. i get the check today. i’m not an idiot so i make sure its good. its bad. i win. be careful

make sure the check clears…sounds like a scam…if it sounds too good to be true then it usually is

scam!!!

channel 11 had this story on last night. some guy was selling a bike and someone sent him 10k when he was asking 5k or something. the check was bad. they said that the scammers are targeting pittsburgh sellers right now.

:eek:

yea i know a kid from cali that was offered like 12k for his GA when he only wanted 5 or 6, and it was a cashers check or something, and what would happen is when the person would cash it they would get the money then give the car to the person then the money to ship it or whatever, and a few weeks later the check would be bad and the person would have to pay for the whole amount of the bad check, or something like that

I’ll give you $100 for it. You pay shipping to CA. :rolleyes:

-TJ

Originally posted by tjZ28
I’ll give you $100 for it. You pay shipping to CA. :rolleyes:

-TJ
:eek: whatcha doin way out there

It is a scam. I talked so some moron a month ago (I work for a bank) that was stupid enough to wire $7000 to a foreign account. The $10,000 cashiers check he deposited was of course a phony so he was screwed.

that scam is older than the internet.u mean people still fall for that shit?hahahahahahaha

Originally posted by brokeasskorean
that scam is older than the internet.u mean people still fall for that shit?hahahahahahaha

x2

Originally posted by brokeasskorean
errrr. i didn’t fall for anything

that sux… good luck next time… good info though im putting the bimmer on soon!

Originally posted by integrrac
so i’m tryin to sell my rx-7. some guy wants to send me 5000 i’m only asking 1200. he wants me to send the change to the shipiing company imideatly. i get the check today. i’m not an idiot so i make sure its good. its bad. i win. be careful

rx7? year? model? pics?

um 84 gsl. full details on the partstrader search classifided on here maybe. call me if anyone is interested. 724-513-5097

um 84 gsl. full details on the partstrader search classifided on here maybe. call me if anyone is interested. 724-513-5097

your selling it? maybe if you didnt spend all your money on ecstacy and glow sticks it would be finished.

yeah i totally wasted all my money on heroine

yeah i totally wasted all my money on heroine

:nono:

so what the hell have you been up to man?

nothing really jsut school n work. u?