Introducing The Onyx Syndicate

Duuuuuude sweeeeeeeeeeeeeett

[quote=“Xander,post:32,topic:38839"”]

You’d think after the second time you’d know to start a few hours earlier. :gotme:

[/quote]

It’s not well known, but Mike starts cooking DAYS before any of the meets we’ve had. It might seem like he isn’t punctual, but if you’ve been slaving in a kitchen for 48+ hours prior to an event, I doubt the first thing on your mind would be getting the food there on time. :slight_smile:

Just make sure to keep the track days small.

This is a great idea btw

I’m not going to lie though, the name could use some work.

[quote=“JoesTypeS,post:43,topic:38839"”]

I’m not going to lie though, the name could use some work.

[/quote]

didn’t wanna be that guy, but I agree.

[quote=“JoesTypeS,post:43,topic:38839"”]

… I’m not going to lie though, the name could use some work.

[/quote]

When we were deciding a name, we felt it was important to keep “Onyx” as part of whatever we were going to call it for identification / relation reasons. But that left the issue of what comes next… and EVERY iteration of “Onyx ___” has already been taken. Onyx Media, Onyx Films, Onyx Group, etc; all taken. The definition of Syndicate fits what we’re trying to do… although it also has the stigma of organized crime, lol.

should have called it OMG for Onyx Media Group :wink:

[quote=“JoesTypeS,post:46,topic:38839"”]

should have called it OMG for Oynx Media Group :wink:

[/quote]

I seriously have a sketch of that with a logo right here next to me… but I really thought that would get lame after a while… AND Onyx Media Group is already taken as well, lol.

[quote=“Onyx Z32,post:47,topic:38839"”]

I seriously have a sketch of that with a logo right here next to me… but I really thought that would get lame after a while… AND Onyx Media Group is already taken as well, lol.

[/quote]

naw just Onyx Media Group International

Seriously though your name tells me absolutely nothing about you, and it’s a pita to spell…and it’s long. It’s one thing to be non-descriptive with a name that’s short and memorable (oracle, ebay, google, etc…), but long and with no description of what you do (The Onyx Syndicate) is kinda meh. I dunno maybe I’m in the minority but I couldn’t spell Syndicate without looking at it.

If you really think about it, I don’t really think having Onyx in the name is a mandatory thing. Especially after looking over your website like gene simmons says: Find a name idea, make it as simple as you possibly can, then trademark it.

I suppose this is really isn’t important.

Well, it can be abbreviated O-Syn :gotme:

I hear what you’re saying, but we’ll stick with this for now and see where it takes us. I’d rather be defined by what we do than what our name says anyway. And people seem to relate video and events to “onyx” already so we stuck with it.

I guess time will tell. And I’m looking forward to it :tup:

Abbreviate it OSX. That should get you some exposure

Sounds good, I take it this is an import only group?

[quote=“StrokedZ28,post:51,topic:38839"”]

Sounds good, I take it this is an import only group?

[/quote]

eh, pretty sure onyx isn’t too prejudice.

have you seen any of the kill videos, season ending videos, or pictures from the last 3+ years?

we need the choppas…lots of em
-turbo

>*

i wonder if this would have happened if the Tauri was in the group, lol

http://onyxz32.sagemind.com/indy1.jpg

unlikely

I’d take alot of what Joe has to say and listen. He has some very good business sense.

Well, it looks like a very full schedule for the summer :tup:

I would suggest in looking at Mosport’s DDC for a weekend(day) event sometime (probably '09 is more feasible). A lot of elevation change, same size as Dunnville, no supervision.

[quote=“Firehawk853,post:53,topic:38839"”]

we need the choppas…lots of em
-turbo

[/quote]

lol, I’m going to find out when those guys will be back in the area. They were cool as shit, all 20 years old, with a chopper. Friggin’ awesome.

[quote=“Carnut,post:56,topic:38839"”]

I’d take alot of what Joe has to say and listen. He has some very good business sense.

[/quote]

I agree, but this isn’t anything I’m doing to try and make a living.

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:57,topic:38839"”]

… I would suggest in looking at Mosport’s DDC for a weekend(day) event sometime (probably '09 is more feasible). A lot of elevation change, same size as Dunnville, no supervision.

[/quote]

We’ll be perusing a bunch of things, but I don’t know yet if we’ll go after other tracks this year. Next year like you said is much more likely.

nice, hey josh i didnt see the price for the Opener on may 24th, is this set yet?, and i understand that we’d be running from 9am-8pm, but there should be a cap… last time at TMP they capped it at 50cars, and there were Wayyy too many people there driving… do you think the car cap will be like it was last yr? or how much bigger?

thanks!

[quote=“speedracer329,post:59,topic:38839"”]

nice, hey josh i didnt see the price for the Opener on may 24th, is this set yet?, and i understand that we’d be running from 9am-8pm, but there should be a cap… last time at TMP they capped it at 50cars, and there were Wayyy too many people there driving… do you think the car cap will be like it was last yr? or how much bigger?

thanks!

[/quote]

We haven’t posted any info yet because we’re still looking into all the details. Rest assured you’ll get your answers :tup: