Introducing The Onyx Syndicate

Thanks everyone :tup:

Without everyone’s participation here over the years, we never would be able to pull something like this off. :tup:

[quote=“newman,post:13,topic:38839"”]

old news. :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

Your still shot is there… finally :slight_smile:

[quote=“Inn-Tune,post:16,topic:38839"”]

… A couple words of advice on the site:
Slow flash sites like that may look cool, but they drive a lot of people nuts. If you keep it really stripped down like it is now where you can get to all pages from one place that makes it a little easier to bare.

Your logo and whole site immediately screams AR Fab to me…

The forum looks great!

[/quote]

The main “flash” portion of the site will never be anymore complex than that. I totally agree with you. But people do judge books by their cover despite the good old saying, and the reason it’s there is to stand out and make an impression. And a proper, to-the-point flash site IMO is better to do that. And those who have see it (vendors, potential sponsors at SEMA, etc.) all agree :tup:

This day in age it’s going to me almost impossible to come up with something that doesn’t look like something else. Maybe if I was starting a performance shop I’d care, but we’re doing something completely different. I knew the odds would be good that what I came up with would be similar to something else. The funny thing is, after I made it (drew it freehand originally) and came up with the final product I did some searching and did find similar logos out there. But comparing my logo and the AR Fab logo to those others, the AR Fab logo looks almost identical to other logos from other well established companies. MUCH more so than mine does. (I can’t find my old search right now.) And I’d honestly never heard of them until just now. So I know I don’t have anything to worry about :slight_smile:

Besides, this is just a side project right now. If it grows at all I’ll be happy :tup:

Damnit im blocked from it at work !!!

[quote=“Onyx Z32,post:21,topic:38839"”]

If it grows at all I’ll be happy :tup:

[/quote]

I’m willing you could bet on that, maybe not instantly though…

word, sounds like it’ll be interesting to say the least

nice job Josh! Thanks for all the time, money and work you put into everything.

[quote=“Nikuk,post:23,topic:38839"”]

I’m willing you could bet on that, maybe not instantly though…

[/quote]

Yea man plan on it growing. :slight_smile:

Sweet. IN.

BTW if Mike is cooking tell him it’s a breakfast event and we MIGHT have food by dinner time:tdown: :tdown:

X…

[quote=“Xander,post:27,topic:38839"”]

Sweet. IN.

BTW if Mike is cooking tell him it’s a breakfast event and we MIGHT have food by dinner time:tdown: :tdown:

X…

[/quote]

hey kiss my ass! I would love to see you pull any of it off :massmoon:

can’t wait for more track time! time attack sounds so fun…

[quote=“Slopoke,post:22,topic:38839"”]

Damnit im blocked from it at work !!!

[/quote]

+1

woah… :tup: X 1000000. Always very impressive stuff, Josh.

Helicopter shot from dunnville >*

this fireball is pretty bad ass too:

http://onyxz32.sagemind.com/newman2.jpg

[quote=“tpgsr,post:28,topic:38839"”]

hey kiss my ass! I would love to see you pull any of it off :massmoon:

[/quote]

You’d think after the second time you’d know to start a few hours earlier. :gotme:

BTW I’m not the only one with this opinion, others are afraid to hurt your feelings, or don’t want any spit in their food.

X…

:tup: I’m in!

Wow… Hope the Niagara Frontier can help this idea blossom into something great. It would be nice to see this pull people from cities such as Toronto, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and maybe even NYC. I feel like this site (and cities automotive community) is really on the virge of taking off with the right promotion and this idea may do just that.

[quote=“Xander,post:32,topic:38839"”]

You’d think after the second time you’d know to start a few hours earlier. :gotme:

BTW I’m not the only one with this opinion, others are afraid to hurt your feelings, or don’t want any spit in their food.

X…

[/quote]

hmmmm… I do this for free… I Make nothing for any of it. I think last time I made $40 from other people showing up and paying day of. That may help to offset the hundreds that I have put toward all of it. At Carlisle We made a killing from people just walking up from the show. That $ was given to Howie to try and offset his cost of the entire trip.

The other adversity that I face Is access to a full kitchen I am able to use the one at the hamburg agricenter, but it is enormous and costs too much $ to rent. I am limited on fridge space in my personal kitchen, so often i am up very early in the morning or through the night to get everything prepared so that nothing exits the safe zone in transport. I have no feelings when it comes to this type of cooking. This is truly low end picnic foods, and not presentation Frenched ribeyes being served to executives. All I try for is to get food out that is inexpensive yet of a decent quality. If you have legitimate suggestions aside from start a few hours earlier (since i usually work through the night that is not possible) or if you would like to come out and see what it really takes to accomplish this feel free. Or just ask the other people that have been involved in this in the past. Onyx, altimarollin, articzap all know what it takes to make any event go from an idea to fruition. But really, I am open to any good suggestions be it menu, or if you know of a bigger place for me to work in, or if you feel that we are serving too late let me know. We usually pick a drop dead time for food to be out, granted it may not be right at the start time of the event, it may be an hour in, but it is generally planned.

[quote=“MOBOOST4U,post:34,topic:38839"”]

Wow… Hope the Niagara Frontier can help this idea blossom into something great. It would be nice to see this pull people from cities such as Toronto, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and maybe even NYC. I feel like this site (and cities automotive community) is really on the virge of taking off with the right promotion and this idea may do just that.

[/quote]

You are very correct. That was the general idea behind this. At least that was one of them.

[quote=“Xander,post:32,topic:38839"”]

X…

[/quote]

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!

[quote=“MOBOOST4U,post:34,topic:38839"”]

[/quote]

We’ll see. Hopefully it blows up big.

http://onyxz32.sagemind.com/dunn8.jpg
I <3 Josh. Thanks for that shot.

[quote=“tpgsr,post:35,topic:38839"”]

hmmmm… I do this for free… I Make nothing for any of it. I think last time I made $40 from other people showing up and paying day of. That may help to off…time of the event, it may be an hour in, but it is generally planned.

[/quote]

If you ever need help lemme know, cooking, its what I do.

[quote=“matter,post:39,topic:38839"”]

If you ever need help lemme know, cooking, its what I do.

[/quote]

Thanks I appreciate that