Onyx Time Attack & Lapping ***TIMING SYSTEM***

http://onyxz32.sagemind.com/SummersEND.jpg

http://onyxz32.sagemind.com/sept13thbanner.jpg

The Onyx Syndicate has two more full saturday events this year… 8+ hours of lapping

Saturday Sept 13th /// $70 lapping
Saturday Sept 27th /// $100 lapping + $10 buffet

The BIGGEST news though…

The Onyx Syndicate has acquired a custom-made timing system using infrared and wireless technology that is capable of managing 4 cars on-track at a time.

The system was tested on Friday Aug 29th with great success. So far the time to beat is 1:17.20 set by a young lady in a stock Porsche Boxster with V710’s.

The first half of both remaining days will be open lapping sessions. The last few hours will be time-attack with 4 cars on at a time.

The September 27th session will be professionally catered as was out intro event this year.

Sept 13 was originally slated to be a Drift-Ops event but since the change in rules we had to convert the day to a lapping day, hence the discounted price.

Sept 27th will be the season’s end event for the Onyx Syndicate to close out our first full year of official operations. Come out and show your support and provide us the feedback we need to pre-book our 2009 dates.

niceeeeeee!! timed laps for the win

congrats guys!

i hope someone beats that weaksauce lap time soon :smiley:

that sounds cool. you should condsider renting out the system in the morning to anyone interested to compare lap times vs setup. ie,

$XX amount for 5 laps - 1 warm up, 3 hot, 1 cool down.

knowing your lap time will help people adjust there car accodingly before competition.

peace

it is not a transponder system. It is a centrally managed system with 2 sensors that will give a split time and a full time so that you can find out which half the of track your making or losing ground on. Max 4 cars on the track with the current program.

we did not have the wireless management set up on Friday, but we will on the 13th.

Going with the full AMB transponder set up was too costly for what we are trying to do. If people start putting their money where their mouth is and start filling these days we’ll look at stepping into more sophisticated systems.

Until then, i’m proud to say we should be the only economical option in the province for basic accurate time attack.

That’s what the 13th is for :slight_smile:

September 13th is open lapping with time trials at the end just so people can practice for the 27th (and we can iron out any bugs in our system / software.) The open lapping at the beginning on the 27th will just be refresher runs and not timed.

Sounds interesting…I’ll try and make it out, try and beat the young lady.

buffett-only price for the 27th reduced… some check it out.

Oh man, I wanna go this Sat sooo bad. I have about 50 or 60 things to do to the car to get it ready…including tune it.

ug…gonna be some late nights this week

and keep some time open for me too…

Car is coming together, but now have late afternoon plans back in Mississauga on Saturday. I’m out for Dunnville…bring on Shannonville.

hmm the 13th looks very tempting, Dunnville right? The GTR is hungry for some track time. Same price to pay at the track?

yeah… this is a slightly discounted price because the day was originally supposed to be a Drift-Ops event.

There will be alot of guys out that you are not used to seeing. at least a dozen or more guys from the US as well as some of the regulars from Ontario

That’s weak. Mike did 1:16 in my car with RE01R’s (225/50/16) all around.

If I set the best time Can I drive for free? lol I will try my best to make it out

using a stop watch or a G-tech or something like that?

i didnt say it was fast. i think i can beat it too.

i did 1:15.8 this past weekend, with a passenger. my best to date this season in marky’s car has been 1:14.8

times taken by a GPS-based lap timer

Mike is a cheater though, he actually knows how to drive.

I dont mean to put down Mark’s car because it’s awesome and I love it, but I’d be surprised if there are more than 1-2 people who can beat Mike’s time in a street car with street tires, regardless of what car.

I’m really excited to see how it turns out though. I doubt I’ll drive because I’ll get my ass handed to me because I’m a shitty driver but I just might come check this out…

//edit// who am i kidding, i can’t afford more track days either :smiley:

//edit2// bing, any chance you would consider a different price for time trials only?

K - now Shannonvilles hours are as gay as this ones…so I’m back to Dunnville.

Tuning the car tonight…cross fingers for my$400 motor

john, just talk to me when you get there.

Josh is having some issues with the timing system and setting it up for multi-car usage. We want to avoid doing a 1 car at a time thing of course, but this is testing afterall.

danno, i’ll call you tonight, i am going to try and figure out some issues before i get this thing tuned… i bypassed the AVCR and my car is still overboosting… should see you tonight though.

Better get your car running Bing… you’ve gota make good on those call-outs :slight_smile: