iPhone goes enterprise

Didn’t know they released the higher capacity one since I don’t have my hand on the pulse of Apple… :wink:

16GBs been out for almost a month now.

Can someone explain what the Enterprise functionality is and how it differs from the current setup (to a non IT guy). How is it better, ect.

Thanks

What we are talking about is full MS Exchange support. MS Exchange is an email server so you can fully sync your contacts, calendar, email, notes, etc. To make the iPhone work with Exchange you had to configure it with IMAP (internet mail format) or POP3. All the features mentioned above are what enterprise (aka business) functions are all about.

:word:

Email push

Word, that is probably the best part, email comes in instantly instead of programming a polling period of say 10 minutes, 30 minutes, etc for new mail.

I could be wrong here because I’m new to phones but I’m 99% sure my sprint mogul will email push, sync with outlook and is capable of a memory card > 16GB. This has also been out longer than the iphone… what’s the difference?

the difference is that your phone is not sleek and trendy

meh. not impressed with iphone.

All Windows Mobile devices from 5 on up support this feature. The problem is:

A) Windows mobile devices are pretty buggy.
B) Most of them do not offer displays higher than 320x240 (the iPhone is higher @ 480x320).
C) SD cards are not as quick as the native iPhone storage is.
D) You can actually browse the web on the iPhone where it’s a bit more awkward on the WM devices.
E) The iPhone has a faster processor and more RAM than most WM devices.

how much is the service for the iPhone

I had WM5 and now WM6 on my 8525 and its slow…buggy…and needs to rebooted often.

It’s not a service, it’s software for the phone. You need to an Exchange 2003 SP2 server in place to make this work.

i think he means the cost of the phone plan through at&t.

I cant wait to sync to my exchange server and push my calender and emails to it over the shitty edge network.

When the phone gets 3G then I will move to it. I am not paying that much for a phone that uses an outdated technology.

That’s what I was thinking. I like my Treo 700wx but the small screen resolution blows.

thanks for clearing it up. my phone isn’t stock rom so its got fixes for most of the aforementioned problems. mine is super stable now, as well as the addition of opera mini v4, which im posting from now, makes internet browsing work well. my only complaint with this is the ram, cant wait for someone to figure out how to add more… that and the stock rom, from what i remember, kinda sucks.

Where I work is off the 3G network, so I leave push turned off. I manually sync when I’m away from the desk and curious as to whats up. I haven’t left it on push in a while as it likes to eat batteries.

I will say though, that until there is 3G, I’m not switching. I’m tethered to my laptop right now posting this and I can’t believe I lived w/o this functionality before. 3G is light years faster in this application. As far as text based email is concerned its not bad (meaning edge).

I always thought 3G functionality was more of an e-cock thing but I’m a believer after having had it for ~3 months now with my new setup.

details on Opera Mini? And othe “fixes”? I don’t have too many stability issues w/ the BJII and WM6, but maybe I just don’t realize it. Maybe twice in the last 3 months I’ve had to restart the phone because it wouldn’t sync, but that is about it.

Hrm, downloading now, will report back. Over and out.