iPhone?

Anyone know the actual release date? I’ve heard June 15th and June 23rd. I wanna get rid of verizon soon b/c im getting raped with charges.

Any cell phone company rapes you with charges lol.

No official date yet.

Still on Apple.com

This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained.

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:2,topic:29412"”]

Any cell phone company rapes you with charges lol.

[/quote]

That’s true, but verizon more than anything is an expensive phone company to handle.

i’ll probably be switching as well. this seems like such a badass phone.

I’d like to hear what alot of people on here have to say about it as well tho.

[quote=“camarojoe,post:3,topic:29412"”]

No official date yet.

Still on Apple.com

This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained.

[/quote]

good to go now

http://www.electricnews.net/frontpage/news-10062153.html

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has given its seal of approval to Apple’s iPhone, clearing the way for the handset to hit the US market next month. “The iPhone has passed its required FCC certification milestone and is on schedule to ship in late June as planned,” Apple spokeswoman Natalie Kerris told Reuters. US telecoms firm AT&T plans to start selling the iPhone late next month.

wom

its gonna be overpriced and the touchscreen interface will probably drive you nuts, but hey at least its not a verizon phone :tup:

A number of reader reports and Google Groups message board posting indicates that CNBC’s is reporting that the iPhone will be released on the 20th of June.
Actually, On the Money last night on CNBC, the telco Analyst said they had been given the confirmed date of the 20th. Not sure where this official release is, but they specifically said iPhone release date was finally released and it was to be the 20th.

Apple’s iPhone has been officially targeted for “late June”. iPhone sales/support training runs from May 30th - June 20th, giving more credibility to the June 20th date.

I hate Verizon. Had them for 4 years and when they finally f’ed me I left for AT&T and couldn’t be happier. VZW GUI FTL, Unlocked phones FTW

lol, im sure they fucked you…

[quote=“Avatar,post:11,topic:29412"”]

I hate Verizon. Had them for 4 years and when they finally f’ed me I left for AT&T and couldn’t be happier. VZW GUI FTL, Unlocked phones FTW

[/quote]

I said that forever too, I hated the old VZW gui but when Jeff showed me the gui on the u740 I was sold, it rocks.

as far as the Iphone goes, meh theres going to be a TON of issues on the first hundred thousand or whatever the amount is of the first launch that comes out. It’s just another toy and complete waste of money. That’s why verizon turned it down when Apple approached them first. Apple wanted to be able to dictate the price, and verizon isn’t about ripping people off.

as far as the few that said vzw fucked you, hate to break it to ya but let’s see your issue is either.
A. you went way over your minutes and they charged you just like it said on the contract YOU signed.
B. you didn’t sign up for insurance and then some miraculous way you actually had to pay for a phone or
C. your just a fuckin idiot

(not taking away from Cingular/A t&t they are a great company)
just saying verizon is the most reliable.

The way apple is going it’s only a matter of time before they revisit themselves in the 90s.

[quote=“AfXtc777,post:14,topic:29412"”]

C. your just a fuckin idiot

[/quote]

you can’t call people idiots when you can’t spell.

[quote=“FuzzyFish,post:15,topic:29412"”]

The way apple is going it’s only a matter of time before they revisit themselves in the 90s.

[/quote]

shut the fuck up hater. :wiggle:

as for the original poster, you’re just going to get raped on the price of the phone instead. and whatever verizon is raping you on charges, cingular will rape you just as hard. i’m willing to bet that you are not so much getting raped, but violating your agreement and paying for it.

[quote=“Dex,post:16,topic:29412"”]

[/quote]

haha <3

[/quote]

I love you too. <3

Besides it should be pretty spiffy once it’s out given the time they had to get it to market.

[quote=“FuzzyFish,post:15,topic:29412"”]

[/quote]

shit yeah.

i just sold my 60G vid iPod to my bro FullCircle for $50 b/c it keeps screwing up and i’m not going to risk selling it to anyone else for any more than that if it dies. again. and doesn’t wake up.

as for the original poster, you’re just going to get raped on the price of the phone instead. and whatever verizon is raping you on charges, cingular will rape you just as hard. i’m willing to bet that you are not so much getting raped, but violating your agreement and paying for it.

[/quote]

lol i’m so sorry “fucking” idiot

what’s with all the cell phone guy on cell phone guy hate, we all used them to make decent $$ at one point. :slight_smile: