Iraq

Both From Wikipedia

“Capital: Baghdad
Area: 283.4 sq mi
Population (2003) :6,400,400”

“county in the southwestern part of the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. As of the 2000 census, the population was 1,281,666”

There are nearly 6 times as many people in Baghdad as there are in Allegheny county, not to mention, Allegheny county is proven to be declining in population. So first, the population could be significantly less now, and clearly there is nothing worth fighting over here. If you want to be realistic, the majority of those murders take place in a few select areas of Pittsburgh.

I didn’t say I heard it on the radio, because I made it up, I said that to qualify it since I did not know if it was true.

But in 2003, according to the Canadian Post, it was true.

But according to the U.S. Army’s latest counts, Baghdad had fewer reported murders per 100,000 population in October than even New York, which federal authorities this month declared the safest city in the United States. Baghdad’s murder rate was also significantly lower than that in Washington, D.C., which Donald Rumsfeld, the U.S. Defense Secretary, is sure to note after political opponents ridiculed him for saying as much in June.

Have fun with your 15 year old lunch meat, but the fact is, Baghdad isn’t as dangerous as people think, and a few major U.S. cities are far worse, that is the result of the media machine we have in this country.

Wait until the suicide bombers start taking out buses here, then we’ll see what cities are “safe.”

When you have a foreign military occupying a nation, effectively violating its sovereignty, I think that does change things a bit. If the Communist Chinese decided to occupy the U.S. because of our high murder rates, I think plenty of citizens would be plenty upset.

I hate as much as anyone to see our troops dying over there, but what angers me most, is the fact that these sick politicians twist the whole issue around, continually changing their views, abandoning the cause of the troops, purely to gain a few more votes. Those people make me sick, and I think we would be well within the law to try them for treason.