Is 2012 the end?

I believe everything I’ve seen on television about 2012. I also believe everything they talk about on Ancient Aliens as well.

Ok Noah.

On a side note:
The doomsday clock moved closer to midnight today but that is more related to the human influence on the world destruction, not a random solar event.

http://cdn.randomfunnypicture.com/wp2/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/truth-about-2012-mayan-calander.gif

Either way, I’m having an end of the world party. The odds of being able to swing a threesome will never be better. /wisdom

You think the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists could do better than a cardboard and construction paper clock… tough economy

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/science-fair/2012/01/31/doomsday%20clockx-wide-community.jpg

I actually met a few who called themselves Mayans while on vacation in southern Mexico. You can tell them apart from Mexicans because they never wear shirts and can magically make a bottle of tequila appear at any time.

You are officially off the list of people to help… I hope you are happy.

I didn’t know that they still did the Doomsday Clock.

with threads like this I fucking hope so.

Wait this was my last Christmas? Fuck!!!

My problem with all of this is the lack of support for most everything.

People are getting hyped up about the decoded prediction of a civilization that couldn’t defend themselves from European invaders, but apparently had the intelligence to predict the course of time. People who are SEARCHING for mayhem always seem to find it in the bible and nothing ever happens so why should we assume this time will be different. The Cold War, Y2k, blah blah blah, theyre all end of the world discussions only because humans want to feel something greater than us.

The biggest problem I have with this whole doomsday theory is that the people who discuss it the most, tend to be people who are atheists, or openly reject any faith. Like the idea of a god/gods and an afterlife is so unbelievable but someone out there is using magical/cosmic warning signs to let us know the end is near.

Theyre stories that transcend everything we know so people love to hop on the “bandwagon” of sorts, but to this point, ive seen no reason to believe this is more than anything but hype. With that said, the only reason I posted is because there is that stitch of fear in me that says these predictions could be right… and thats the fun of it all lmao.

The time line theory is a bunch of bullshit, because, we are trained to look for patterns, hence why people look up “coding” in the bible and make up this bullshit. I grew up as a Christian but steered away from it so what they taught you was there is no time or exact date that the rapture is going to happen…

Several people are saying Obama is our last president. Not the end of the world but quite concerning. :tinfoilhat:

Lol what?

My favorite part of the 2012 nonsense is how many “believers” think the government knows and it’s some huge multinational conspiracy to keep it from the general public.

One think you can be sure of. If the government finds out about the end of the world it will be a matter of hours before that shit gets leaked on twitter, facebook or wikileaks.

Exactly. Politicians aren’t even smart enough to keep their craigslist hookups quiet, you think they are smart enough to keep the end of the world hush hush? Lol.

Most leaks are not accidental.

Sounds like my weekends!

The Mayan calendar ends, just like every calendar. Remember on new years when you had to retire the cute puppy calendar b/c it ended and pull out your my little pony calendar for 2012? It’s JUST like that…

There’s a little more to it than that. It’s complicated, and I don’t care to spend enough brain horsepower to fully understand it, but there is a popular interperetation/deciphering of the Mayan long count calendar that says that December 21st is the end of the 13th bak’tun (a unit of measure in their calendar.) Supposedly in the Popul Vuh (their story of creation) the 4th creation (the universe we’re currently living in) ends when the long count calendar completes 13 bak/tuns.

Or some such shit. Like I said, it’s complicated, but yeah there is scholarly evidence that the Mayans thought the would (this creation) would end December 21st 2012.

Of course their calendar year zero for this creation is equivalent to our August 11, 3114 BC. I’m pretty sure the world as we know it existed before then.

Further, their creation was ended by a white dude with a sniffle like 500 years ago so we already know they screwed the apocalypse pooch.

And there are other cultures, prophets, etc that all happened to choose 2012. Just sayin…

Your foil is showing. Tuck that shit back in.