is getting my s13 sparayed with RUST CHECK worth it?

ok so heres the deal, i’m from florida and so is my 91 240sx. it’s never seen a winter before and has absolutely not one spot of rust on it… and im going to be driving this winter here in ontario… (i know, i know i feel guilty) well, what im wondering is does this rust check stuff really work? is it worth the 110 bucks to get it done? id appreciate some info, even if you arent familiar with rust check im also looking into krown and ziebart etc too… thanks!

i would deinfitly say so…from the cars ive seen that have been rust proofed are amazingly in shape for being winter driven vehicles… theres two ways to go about this

1. rust proofed where they might drill holes into ur baby which u might not like

2. just get it undersprayed for the under body

the last thing would be spend 500 bucks get a winter beater and park the mint 240!!

Yes the krown rust check dose work, and yes it is worth every cent of it, because the frame rustes out on the driver side right by the exhaust, so YES get it, you will not be disapointed.

Agreed! You’d be crazy not to have it done. fyi, the Krown on Parliament street will do a good job and always give me a “better” cash price. If you only want underspray (no drilling/inner doors etc) the job should run you no more than 50 bucks cash.

YES IT IS WORTH IT.

DO IT.

my S13 looked like it’s been in a barn in arizona since it was new in 1990, and its because the owner did the rust check service every year.

Krown > Rust Chek? :dunno:

yup, Krown is the shit!!

first go to candian tire and grab two cans of ‘rubberized rockerguard’ in the automotive paints isle, spray the rocker panels throughly, from both sides, spray the frame rails from front to back, including the bend, spray the rails under your trunk and gas tank, than spray other bare metal parts you see no point on underneath the car, its easy, will take you maybe 10 minutes, than go to KROWN and get underbody coating and get them to spray it inside your body panels, than you’ll be good FOR SURE, canadian salt eats through your car like hot knife through butter

It’s just too bad there is nothing you can do for rocks and salt hitting the front of your car, chipping the paint and your headlights.

Word to the wise, leave lots of room between you and the car infront of you. If people start cutting infront of you, just keep the gap LARGE.

Oh yeah, do this in the slow lane as to not piss me off when I am trying to get to a jobsite in my work truck :wink:

people that drive slow in the left lane are fu<knuts, sometimes i scream with rage and throw coffee cups at them when they do 40 in a 70 zone and i cant pass them cause of oncoming cars and other shit on the side, usually in that situation i’d even pass on gravel and just let it go, but if i CANT pass and it lasts for over 10 minutes i get fffffffangry, soccer moms are the worst, they think theyr the queens on the road, and they call the cops when they see black hood on a white car and piss their pampers with blood ksajhfijcsnjaksdnhknawekjncskjnfcjsk- sorry went offtopic

Wow easy killer. Lol, Thanks for the under gaurd write up im doing it on saturday.

Don’t use the rockerguard stuff if you already have rust under there. If you do you’re just sealing in the moisture and the rust will spread under the coating you just sprayed on. That’s why Krown is great for cars that already have some rust. It’s an oil and lets the steel breath while penetrating the rusted areas.

i dont have any rust yet. Its been sprayed every year i just dont have the money this year.

Good thread!

Thanks guys…i’m gonna get this done.

so the general consensus is that the krown undercoating is better than rust check? i will definetly give the frame rails a coat of that rubberized undercoating this sunday, thanks for the tip!

theres 3m clear bra for that stuff. goes on like a sticker and is 100% clear u wont even know its on there prtects headlights and bumpers form paint chips etc. theres other brands that have an equivalent product but i think 3m is best.