Is it a pain in the dick...

…to do all the bushings on a mid-90s Honda?

My girlfriend bought a del Sol. It needed rear trailing arm bushings for inspection. Pep Boys had an entire Energy Suspension bushing kit on clearance for $49. So I bought it, assuming that I’d just pick up a service manual and figure it out. Everyone’s telling me it’s a giant pain in the ass.

Any words of wisdom before I attempt this?

I have done this many times, take a bit but not as hard as it sounds. If you need help let me know. This’ll be like the eighth time I’ve had to do it.

It is far faster with a press, but can be done without. You’ll need a few drill bits, a hacksaw, and a small torch.

Remove part
drill holes in rubber
torch the inner sleeve out
cut the outer shell with a hacksaw
install ES bushing with pre-lube

I’ve done a few entire vehicle kits myself. I’ve spent as much as 2 full days installing every single bushing… torching at least half of them out.

Remove part
drill holes in rubber
torch the inner sleeve out
Grind down Edge of bushing
install ES bushing with pre-lube

not bad, you going to have to cut the bolt on the bottem of the rear strut

not something I enojoy.

Some don’t want to be taken out. It can be a PITA. Or for your sake PITD.

not bad, you going to have to cut the bolt on the bottem of the rear strut[/QUOTE]

I remember watching this being done on a car in a junkyard…and thinking what a PITA/D

well if pep boys has the Energy Suspension kit on clearance for 49 I may have to run down and grab it for the peon

yeah, did they have any other sets on clearance?

In my experience, it always takes longer than I expect.
wrangler and laser, did it in sections a few at a time.

Check out Summit racing. My friend got one for his neon (I know lol) for either $50 or $100 but either way it’s dirt cheap.

Steve did my LCA bushings and they were a PITA. Good luck with all of them.

Yeah see any others on clearance? A full Civic kit is normally like $140.

they only had the one kit. they ordered it for someone who either returned it or never picked it up.

i have seen trailing arm bushings done in 15 minutes. car was on a lift, undid the 2 17mm bolts, block of wood between trailing arm and unibody, a bar for leverage and popped the old one out. new one in, bolt it down. dealer gives 3 hours per side iirc.

i know my car needs them. just waiting for it to fall apart 1st.

why u quote wish? mine is differnt bastard!

Because I was the one hading him tools and supporting his efforts to release the LCA and trailing arms for my swap! :smiley:

Truth, bloody knuckles FTL

first words of wisdom are that the hyperflex kit doesnt include trailing arm bushings. you can ebay them for roughly $40-$50 shipped. every bushing on or in my car was replaced with ES. in my eyes, its a pain in the ass.

but yeah, the kit excludes TA bushings and sway bar “D” bushings