Is it okay to re-submit an application if...

… you’ve updated your resume?

cliffs: Mid-November I replied to a job posting (a job I’d really love to land) with an email to the HR Manager which included my resume/cover letter (as the posting requested). I haven’t heard back from them yet. But, since then I’ve polished my resume by adding relevant experience I initially overlooked. Also, I will soon be able to add my improved GPA and I’ll actually have my M.S. :headbang:

I don’t want to be perceived as being bothersome, but maybe this sort of follow-up will express a greater interest in the position? Would it be frowned upon to re-submit with the updated resume? Will this help/hurt my chances?

I’ve asked a few peers around my department and have received a wide variety of responses. So NYSpeed was the logical next step for opinions :lol: What’s your take on following up an application? Bothersome or Beneficial?

call and see if they filled the job yet…?

jesus don’t you take a hint we said we don’t hire your type (:gay:)

edit for a real response: if you are submitting it to HR, not directly to the manager, i’d say helpful, recruiting is expensive.

They only supplied a fax number, and said “no phone calls please” at the bottom of the posting. :frowning:

:mamoru: i love you too jimmy. lol

maybe the fax machine ate your resume and they don’t have it !!! you never know… :slight_smile:

if you want the job go after it, if you sit back and wait for it to come to you someone else who is aggressive enough to keep on them will get it

the worst thing they can do is say no!!!

good luck

yea - honestly when we were hiring we waited for people to follow up on their own to weed out who really wanted the job vs. who was going to be there until they could find something with more pay.

I would call and tell them that you would like to make them aware of your updated resume and what would be the best method to get it to him/her.

it’s just forward enough without being pushy.

your COD4 skills better be listed on that bitch

exactly. thats how I hire salespeople because if they don’t bother to follow up with things then customers go elsewhere and that sucks.

It’s been a month. What have you got to lose?

Call the hiring manager, tell them that you will be sending in a new resume. Maybe you could ask the HR manager about the process, what their time frame is, shoot the shit a little bit.

What did you get a M.S. in?

Thanks for all the responses, very good points. I’ll politely ask them to chekkkk out my new shittttttt.

yeah that’s what I was thinking too, I just kinda needed to have that ideology reinforced. I’ve got a couple of headhunters to call back today so I’m not stuck on that particular postiion, but the company in question is one I’d just absolutely LOVE to work for, and I didn’t want to F it up if in fact I still did have a chance :tup:

I’m an enginerd.

And I would have called by now, but

fo sheez, It’s #1 under relevant skills.

:tup: thanks for the opinions guys/gals