Is it possible?

To look up who insures a car IE the company…or when the previous insurer stopped insuring the car

for example…on my 240 i own it, but would it be possible to say…see who the insurance company used to be? and can u just look up insurance on a car?

or is that something only cops can do? just curious

I think that breaks some privacy rules so only cops or the ministry of transportation should have access to that.

What exactly are you asking?

If you can see what company insured your 240 before you?
Or, look up random cars on the street to see what company (if any) they are insured with?

Either way, I don’t think we (the public) are privy to that kind of info. It’s classified under the ‘Top Secret’ files at the RCMP.

Talk to Smokey, he might be able to help you out.

Damn that was bad. 0/10

even the police do not have access to WHO insures a car.

GT

crazy…no i was just wondering if u can look up to see if a cars insured/who insures it type of thing, just a thought a i had

call the guy who owned your car b4 you and see if they will tell you.

I second that.

Even if you have a fake pink slip that looks legit, they have no way of telling if it is real or not. They might give you the ticket if they are in doubt so that you have to prove yourself in court.

Kinda out of what you were asking, but why would you want to know which insurance company the previous owner used?