Is it worth it? LS1->TDI trade

sorry i missed a point.

on the EGR Delete is it the hole system did he bypass the coolant lines and pull the coolant channel or just cap off a section and leave the coolant section there?

so upgraded turbo/injectors/egr delete and no current TUNE?(or else it would tune out the EGR CEL) no wonder hes on the second motor.

IDK about the gas mileage, that point is blah. The mount itself is going, when the engine was out of the car he said it was kinda mooshy (The mount) so it’s not the block.

The IP does not leak. There is also a helper fuel pump hooked up. The guy is a member of TDI club and knows his shit really well.

I forgot the add, the car comes with a 2000 2.0 parts car(He replaced all the windows, the arm rest, the glove box, and vents with good working parts already) The block is the A4 type, the newer style turbo diesel.

The car was chipped when the turbo was put in, and the EGR was removed recently because the owner got tired of having to clean it out. The delete kit is installed however the EGR valve itself is still installed and hooked up just not plugged into the Intake manifold.

Like i said, the car is still on its original motor. He wanted to clean the head and while he was at it just replaced everything else. The motor ran great he just wanted it to be fresh.

IMO, not a good trade.

Why.

Personal Prefrence? v8 Power? Less Miles?, Sharper looking car?

You seem to be really more for this trade than against it. If you dont need the fuel economy Id be against it.

To each his own.

This is such a weird trade situation. As great as all of that torque is, the trans is not up to it. Ask Lowlyoilburner. There are probably parts of his trans on the side of the 219 still.

Chip and nozzles. That is all you really should do to a TDI with a stock 5 speed. Otherwise, you can swap in a 6 speed 02M and change the gears so it isn’t revving to the moon at highway speeds. That trans can actually handle power.

ls1>tdi all day.

ls1> tdi any day.

If you really hate the fbod so much, maybe trade up to a higher mileage GTO? Awesome LSX power, modest looks, nicer interior, and a better ride - I’d take one any day over a TDI.

I think it’s a bad trade unless you want a modded car that will cost you 5x as much in maintenance. That car is asking for problems.

Its a good car, not so good of a trade… Maintenance is a bitch, but other than that I love it. Where is the car located out of curiousity?

ugh epic fail. Dont do it

Sorry Henry. No bank is going to approve you for a loan on a 98 ANYTHING with 95k miles. Personal loan or straight ca$h.

I say it sounds like a pritty good deal, I would get the bypass kit for the EGR and get a new tune ASAP but go for it.

as for the people on the board, you are talking to a bunch of people who are sports car crazed. they will not tell you to step down and i hope that wasnt what you where looking for. if your not going to track, want good MPG, decent reliability, easy to work on, go for it.

they really are great cars.

is the parts car red by any chance :stuck_out_tongue: i could use some parts…

In to say its a good trade for the other guy. Mods don’t add value to a car, and should not add to the purchasing price, considering you will probably have to clean up his mess later on.

keep your car, its way nicer

Drive the TDI and see if you want that torque and mpgs compared to power.

the heater core on a vw will take 5-7 hours of work fyi

I cant really be one to talk, I own both a TDI and an LS1 Z28, soo, keep and purchase the TDI :lol:

No offense but that sounds like a terrible trade.