Is the camera really worth it?

I am putting down some change for a very good camera. I have upgraded over the years and am ready for a REAL camera with all of the bells and wistles. I keep getting drawn to the
Canon EOS Rebel XSi 12.2 Megapixel
or the Nikon D90 but am I getting just a name with the canon and being forced into over priced lenses and attachments or is it really worth it. The Nikon seems nice but unsure of its quality? Any feed back would be helpful :nerd:

it seems like everyone on here uses some sort of D series. go for one of thoes.

Nikon is known for extreme quality and durability, they also use sony image sensors which are top rated for image quality. Im a nikon shooter so I may be a bit biased but I really dont like cannon SLR’s. They are difficult to use and dont feel very solid in your hand, IDK I default to nikon, They are slightly more expensive but its the better buy IMO and I <3 my D90.

Choosing between an XSi and a D90 is a really hard choice for me. I actually like canons a lot, but for an entry level camera, it was smart for me to start off with Nikon back in the day. If the XSi was cheaper, I might lean towards that. Prices in lenses aren’t that different.

suprised its only a 12.2

i just bought a real small samsung tl100 and its 12.1 mpx and its the size of a credit card but wider

MP on a point an shot and a DSLR are MUCH different :wink:

fixed :slight_smile:

<3333333 Truth.

Nikon D90 and don’t look back at that Canon shit ever again.

Biased as fuck, so hate me.

Well with the D90 having video capability…

it seems like the Canon T1i would be a better competitor to it… and it takes 1080p :slight_smile:

http://web500.us/nikon-d90-and-canon-rebel-t1i-comparison-which-one-should-you-buy/

reading that… its up to you whether you want cheaper… or quality

Thanks the cannon seems so bulky compared to the Nikon but I am more of a photo guy than a video guy . I think you lose quality when you try to stufff to much video abilities with a great camera

oh i completely agree… i just thought it would be way more is all

Ahhhh well heres a random shot off my D90, You be the judge.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3605/3473216679_4af2ea16b5.jpg?v=0

better camera does not necessarily mean better photos… just sayin…

With that said… I wish I would have sprung for the D90 instead of the D60 for a number of different reasons.

Well said My friend. The image quality doesn’t lie though, nor do the specs :wink:

D90.

you realize video capability is just software right?

reduce the resolution, crank up the frame rate, and encode. :slight_smile:

These are my favorite kinds of posts.

Absolutely D90…

D90 hands down. You may not think you are a video guy, but i’m sure that there will be times when you are shooting pics and you come accross the perfect opportunity to get a good 10-15 second clip of “whatever”, and the D90 has high-res movie mode built in.

+1 more for Nikon.