is there AV software thats not a hog?

or you could go to nod321.com and get it for free, have google translate

^ no shit… never knew about that lol

oh well, still worth the $$$ imo. It was cheap enough

gotta search my friend

Steve,

You are totally right.

The new AVG 8.x got VERY bloated. They put in all this extra crap that you don’t need, and if you disable it, it prompts you to put it back on, and it changes the icon of the avg to a red X.

Very annoying, and its still a resource hog.

Right now, I’m using a cracked version of NOD32, it works great.

avast

I was really unhappy with the direction AVG went with version 8. I’m running Avast right now but I’m not really happy with it either. Since installing it my login take almost 30 seconds longer, and several times when I go to my google homepage the page just hangs for about 5-10 seconds. If I disable avast it loads perfectly, so it some sort of scan avast is doing on the page.

Jay, try NOD32… trust me. It’s a great virus program. The Reviews speak for themselves.

http://reviews.cnet.com/software/nod32/1995-3513_7-9093349.html

good deal

just downloaded it and used the keys on that website and works fine, key is only good till august but they will probably have an updated key before then

Yea. I used to love AVG when it first came out and seemed to become more and more bloated. Its still a good product however.

I have been using ClamWin for file scans when I download something online but I do not currently us a resident shield to constantly scan my computer which saves tons of resources.