Isles Net Goalie to 15-year $67M deal

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2584306

:bloated:

wow

Yeah, the hockey crew at work has been talking about this all day. All we can figure is the owner of the Islanders is doing this as some sort of tax dodge (he’s been in trouble with the feds on taxes before). Maybe declare this as a one time purchase, so the business has a huge loss, and take the write off.

Because none of us can figure out why the hell you would sign a perishable item like a pro sports player to a 15 year contract. Hell, I wouldn’t even lease a car for that long. If he has a career ending injury this year he still gets the full 67 million.

wow 4.5 mil a year is still alot of $

who ever thought it would be a good idea to present that contract is a horrible idiot.

yea we were talking about this earlier today, i still can’t beleive it. he’s going to be 40 when that contract runs out…no where near worth 4.5 mil a season at that point

this is funny

3 gaa

HA!

it makes me know that i would love darcy regier compared to this even if regier signed every free agent to 1 year deals… compared to the guy that constructed that fucking disaster, anyone looks intelligent.

its so funny too, because the contract pretty much stipulates he cant be cut… he gets the money as long as he still desires to be an islander… LOL

i feel bad for islanders fans…

you know why

b/c fucking garth snow is the new coach and gm

watch him quit tomorrow now that he hooked up his younger protege

its like mike liut being ryan millers agent :rofl:

thank god we got miller signed before this dipietro contract 4.5mil avg over 15 years ROFFLECOPTER