Isn't this a car forum??

if you go domestic way, i say buy a typhoon.

import way-- i can’t seriously see you being yuppy enough to own two bmw’s at one time.

the porsche would be bad ass–but in a way more bad ass than the 1 series. so who gets stuck as the beater car? 40k will get you into a used turbo.

i know you are anti jap. but for a “beater”, a jap car will take more abuse than any european car. by abuse, i mean neglect, not limited to – hitting any obstacle in the way while e-brake drifting in the snow, cold starts and bouncing rev limiter until engine warms up type shit :slight_smile:

Just Man up and buy this…

not an alltrac.

http://mercedesbenzofpittsburgh.com/used_vehicle_details.htm?vehicleId=d51c92d64046381e01bd8993caa4c004

Been sitting there for a while. Might get a few $$ knocked off.

Galant VR4… at least that’s what I bought. Haha. Of course my IS250 is still my DD since I don’t deal w/ snow etc. I wouldn’t honestly suggest a GVR4 for a dedicated DD.

I like the Mazda Speed6 suggestion, but they don’t make them new anymore (and even if they did I’m not sure I could pay as much as they were for one) and they didn’t sell that well so I suspect they’d be hard to find used.

Actually, now that I think about it… Saab 92-x Aero. Just dressed up WRX, should be pretty cheap on the used market these days (since ppl were buying them $10k under MSRP w/ a huge rebate and employee pricing a few years back) too.

-TJ

Are you planning on buying soon Sonny? A Volvo turbo-AWD wagon would be sweet.

how much?

id like to get rid if the jetta and get a suby for my dd

dude… what is general about me saying I am looking for a winter daily AWD turbo manual… willing to drive an SUV if it tows and willing to go auto if need be.

I’m just not down with subarus… if i remember correctly the interior is crap? (feels/looks cheap) at least from my experience with an 04ish wrx :dunno:

edit: just read your range is 5-20k… good luck.

evo?? :dunno:

as far as SUV’s
chad’s mdx was in that price range… SEMI ballerish (but more soccer mom-ish). probably could tow if necessary.
honda pilot maybe??
what about those porsche SUV’s you were looking at? could probably get one pre-owned in that price range.

Make sure it’s under warranty if you do. Just get an A4-- it’s what you’re gonna end up with anyway.

TBSS

x2

it could be used as winter ride & a tow pig

That SLR Mclaren is Sweet. My friend just bought a 2008 $500K Rediculous. His sone got one too but in black. I can’t wait to ride in it. He also has the GT2 Carerra. a ford GT 40 and an old Goat. just for toys.

plow truck so we can race in the winter

ford tempo 4wd

I like girls with tits, but not brown hair…find me one I like

Legacy GT

depending on the year. i’d sprint instead of walk away from these.

mike

what you want to know.

no contest. buy a wrx. my buddy road me to school in his when i broke my leg. they grow on you and they are so nice if u want a factory turbo car to just drive.