ITBs???

with some big f’in rod bolts

bearing spin becasue the rods reach very high speeds then the bolts streth and bam spun bearing!

prolly just stock bore or .020 over (81.5 mm), if needed to be honed
how do raised wrist pins work? Is that in the pistons or the rods?

http://www.csgnetwork.com/pistonspeedcalc.html

Raise wrist pins allow you to run a longer rod. the wrist pin is physically higher up on the piston, sometimes into the oil ring.

81.5 i do not beleive you can run squirters with an ls crank

(vinny couldent)
84 i beleive you can…
I have an b20 block with all the goodies for the bottem (Z10 girdle gsr windage,pickup,pan) end, it just needs bored

raised wrist pins is both, pistons and rods are different

if your going all motor there is no reason to keep the 1.8 if your getting all the shit new

wanna trade some shit?

sorry for the slow response im in the vault at work and gotta watch alot of shit

im down u know this

what else do you have in stock? lol that could be useful all motor?

I know its apples and oranges, but…

This pictures shows a 406ci all aluminum Donovan motor of mine’s rod and piston. this motor can spin 10k rpm easy and has the wrist pin JAMMED into the top of the piston to give you enough rod to let it spin that high.

compare it to the stock 4g63 ross piston/eagle rod combo. the important part is the distance from the top of the piston to the wrist pin. relativly speaking, the stock dsm setup has twice the distance as my donovan setup.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/gearhead313/pistons.jpg

now what are the disadvantages/risks to running raised wrist pins?

no disadvantages really, its more ‘bad ass’ imo :tounge:

so that doesnt weaken the piston or oil ring or anything?

now when doing that, that would mean the piston would have to be shorter to have clearance from the valves?

no it goes up to the same height its sorta the same idea as a “tall deck”

they say it starts to smoke but steves motor did not…

the r/s ratio with a gsr crank is pretty good isnt it? what is it?

talk to hycomp on here

he had that pretty serious allmotor setup with the itbs. im pretty sure he tuned it himself on the street and was able to go pretty fast. he would know best

imo itbs are a pain in the ass unless your trying to make some serious hp. but even then they still arent necessary. vinny made like 250+ i think on a reg manifold no itbs. once your getting into over 200whp na. thats some loot not to mention your gonna wanna be on racegas.

now we are talking streetability but to answer your question

TWM makes some sick ones i woudl look into them if you want some. they are all pretty $ especially for the gains you may or may not get

In
The
Butts?

At what compression level do you need to start running race gas?

And the new E85 they only sell that at sheetz rite?

OMG!!! :eek3: :burnout:

way better then the s2k in the other thread

http://www.twminduction.com/ThrottleBody/videos.html

12.5:1

you better edit your sig after this thread