ITBs???

haha yea your rite

What are other brands of itbs other than TWM

Just stopping through.

Before you look into going with ITB’s definitely invest in a sleeved block bored out to 84/85mm.

As mentioned, I was running an LS crank with the endyne pistons with raised wristpins with eagle longrods. IIRC, the rod to stroke ratio was the same or at least very close to what using the gsr crank ends up. Lowering the rod:stroke ratio helps to slow the piston speeds down at their extremes (top and bottom of cylinder) which helps braoden out the power, or at least carry the power band higher in the rpms (assuming you have cams that complement that set-up).

The biggest things I would sugest to be able to at least stay together revving high are:

1. Balance the bottom end
  2. Strong ass rod bolts
  3. Springs/Retainers in the head
  4. ITR/GSR oil pump
  5. Go with a decent rod:stroke

I also always kept the oil jets in the vtec blocks. I felt the added lubrication provding potential protection at high rpms outweighed the potential negatives of added windage and lower oil pressure at the rod journals. As FMF mentioned, in liue of a two step my rev limiter was used for launching at the track, 9600 rpms sure dooes sound sweet.

As far as ITB’s, TWM and TODA are the most common (not that any are really common) and OMNI power was at least contemplating selling them as I saw a set or two of their prototypes. Also as Joe and Gearhead have done, CBR and Gixxer ITB’s can be converted over to run on a honda.

Crome can be used for tuning ITB’s just fine. As mentioned, I roughly road tuned my set-up in limited time and the set-up ran consistent mid 12’s

Why not run an ITB setup with a manifold for (reasonable) streetablity.

buy a toyota silver top 180hp stock itbs from the factory and it also as 20vs btw…

http://www.toda-racing.co.jp/en/new/frame_new.html

I LIKE!!

when allmotor goes boom its alot of loot ask vince:drama:

when any motor goes boom its alot of loot