It's Alive!

finally after countless months of waiting and working…the na 300ZX got a test drive yesterday…not as fast as i wanted, but it was a test drive…a few tweaks here and there and some minor work and i should be satisfied for a while…

there really isnt too much done to it… :snky:

looks like i might not be selling it after all…and still have a solid 2 months left to enjoy it…

ok so tweak it and get it out and race

then if you lose, you can blame it on something with the install

u gotta change ur name now…were u on Werhle around 4:30-5 ish then onto Dick/Cayuga

nope its still at newmans, we just drove it around a bit to test it out yesterday around his mom’s hood…no bumper, no hood on it…probably got some wierd looks but i didnt care…tonight we finish putting it back together and i hopefully drive it home…but no way in hell am i going right home…i’m taking the looooooooooong way

sweet d00d :tup:
glad its finished
300zx’s r so hot i will own one some day

if your running stock boost, it is slow

awsome congrates. Can you tell us why what was wrong and why some of the cylenders were not fireing?

ditto.

make sure on that looooooong way home you don’t go ahead and total it… getting stupid on a much quicker car than yer used to could lead to bad results :tup:

exactly why only 3 cylinders were firing, we dont know…all we know is that a new engine harness fixed it…there’s a small tick that smoothes out as the revs go up, but both josh (onyx) and eric (blk300tt) say that they have a small tick in theirs coming from one or maybe two cylinders that is just typical for the car…wont get worse, wont cause any problems, just may get annoying every now and then.

tonight i go to newman to finish dressing her up and making her pretty, then i’ll be stalking the streets on her break in run…

another interesting fact i leared from josh yesterday is that since i have an engine from an automatic ZX, the turbo’s are slightly smaller, and only run about 8.5psi stock, as opposed to 9.5 stock for the manual tt’s…while the turbo’s aren’t much smaller to make a power difference between the auto and the manual (less than 20hp or so), they are smaller to the extent that spool up is a lot quicker, which is fun…
now all i need is a new tt fuel pump, i have a few new injectors awaiting purchase by me, and then i can up the boost a bit and see what it can do…

do u have bad injectors…or going bigger…becuase stock injectors can handle plenty more boost…but i think i remember u saying u had a couple bad ones…i dunno i tired

glad to hear the project is finally rolling, can’t wait to see it and get a friendly run :tup:

Glad to see it’s working.

yeah, old harness was smoked… we changed it without removing the trans… quite a feat… lol.
the FSM is kinda shity and its hard to acurately read the vacuum diagrams. The emissions shit is just kinda chilling in the engine bay right now. not really hooked up. and the pwer steering is leaking somewhere that i dont want to find out… other than that the car is a bit stumbly off idle but the delivery is pretty smooth. id rock it.

race me tonight.

no chris, i’m not upgrading the injectors yet…its already a lot more powerful that anything else i’ve ever driven, so i’ll take my time getting used to it, and preparing for more power maybe next year, and just enjoy it as much as i can with the time i have left before winter…we dont know if i have bad injectors yet, newman suggested it may be a cause for the ticking, and i dont wanna bother him with any more tasks on this car…eric with the black 300 just recently changed a few of his injectors and had no problem doing so, and said will have no problem helping me check for bad ones, and whatever bad ones i have, i will replace, i have a handful of good used ones i’m about to buy…and yes chris, stock injectors can handle a lot more than stock boost…i think they’re good for up to 18psi at 380whp…but thats just what i read, and i doubt its very safe to drive it like that on a daily basis…once i get ecu work and finish my exhaust, i’ll probably be running around 15psi…that’ll be PLENTY for me for this year…

i may bring it out to mighty tonight just for old times sake, and because i haven’t had mighty taco in a loooong time…why not start over again. but no racing for me tonight, maybe a gentle cruise…but thats all…all the people that have been wanting a piece of the JDM TT action will have to wait a bit longer…

and oh yeah, new tt fuel pump on the way as we speak…

yeah, i wouldnt go pounding on it just yet…

i put balogna in my left pocket

i smear cream cheese in my gold locket

its my show im andy milonakis

:tup:

:lol:

not n/a anymore? cool man :tup: