It's official, Paladino v Cuomo for NYS governor

Congrats on a landslide primary win Carl. You’re still a longshot but if any year is the year, this is it.

EDIT: Updated with some results from various counties:

Erie County:
98% reporting
Paladino: 93%
Lazio: 7%

Niagara County:
100% reporting
Paladino: 94%
Lazio: 6%

Chautauqua County:
100% reporting
Paladino: 71%
Lazio: 23%

The two Long Island counties (where Lazio was a US Congressman)

Suffolk County:
100% reporting
Paladino: 34%
Lazio: 66%

Nassau County:
97% reporting
Paladino: 35%
Lazio: 65%

Very impressed Paladino could pull those numbers from Long Island with that being Lazio country. Unreal how Erie an Niagara came through for Paladino.

Governor Cuomo, I presume?
By the way, thank you to Palin and the teabaggers for picking the crazy broad in Delaware and holding Biden’s seat for the Dems.

In all seriousness after reading some of your posts about poor people, hipsters, not liking art etc you seem a little more on the conservative side, I’m surprised you are not a republican.

I get that a lot. I really dont like a lot of hippie liberals but I think they deserve a fighting chance since the rich have it so good in this country. Also im super socially liberal cause I don’t think it’s the government’s job to enforce an arbitrary set of morals on everyone

EDIT: I can’t believe Charlie Rangel held on. Some people really will just vote for the black guy, no matter who he is. Obviously there’s a lot of them in Harlem. Qualified challenger, scandal laced incumbent, and he wins in a landslide. It’s Byron Brown-Mickey Kearns, only worse.

Paladino has my vote.

Lol. Could it get any worse? Go get em Carl

I’m mad as hell too Carl!

Who’s got two thumbs, fucks interns and gets caught, but gets re-elected by the idiots of Buffalo anyway?

http://www.buffalonews.com/incoming/article190625.ece/BINARY/w620/hoyt.jpg

THIS GUY!

Not a fan of Sam Hoyt?

Hoyt dodged a bullet.

I can’t believe Rangel beat his primary challenge. NY’ers are idiots.

Sam Hoyt does what ever Sheldon Silver tells him to. And he was the main guy making the big push to get the money Tonawanda receives for being the end of the Erie Canal transferred to Buffalo, even though they haven’t been the end of the canal in decades. As a boater I’ve been very impressed with what Tonawanda has done with canal side in the last 10 years and it was complete garbage that Hoyt used his downstate connections to siphon that money off for Buffalo. Until Buffalo tears up the 190 and makes it possible to take a boat from Albany to downtown Buffalo via the canal they are not the terminus of the Erie Canal.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Bump: Updated first post with some county by county breakdowns.

It was funny to watch Brian Kilmeade on FAUXNEWS ask him if he stood by a bunch of statements which he listed specifically and Carl said, “I stand behind all of my statements.” I don’t think Brian knew who he was dealing with. lol

I also switched from NBC, CBS, and ABC and they all talked about the big Tea Party results as “shocking” and “stunning”. I think this proves they really aren’t paying attention. lol

“Wait, when was this election?”

“Oh…he actually won?..shit, okay…WHAT A SHOCK!”

The Tea Party is the best thing to happen to the Democrat Party since Twitter.

You honestly think that? I guess we’ll see after November.

One thing that I really like about Paladino is the fact that he’s a huge supporter of UB2020. If you don’t know about it, look it up.

They’re just stealing votes from the mainstream GOP. The whole thing’s a house of cards that’s going to collapse on itself once people get tired of not knowing what they’re yelling about. Go to any of the official homes of the tea party and try to find stances on specific issues. You’ll find a couple of paragraphs of empty Jeg-like rhetoric about the founders, something about the government stealing your money, some anti-muslim stuff, and then tons of information on how to hold a tea party and how to donate.

Absolutely. They’d rather run ideological purists than people who have a shot of winning. Mike Castle was the typical electable moderate Northeast Republican and would have crushed all opposition, now the seat is going to go Dem because they picked an unemployed tea party broad with $6,000 to her name. Same deal with how Harry Reid is probably going to hold his seat because they picked another crazy Palin broad. The GOP leadership is going to be saying to the tea partiers something like: You idiots, we want your votes, just not your dumbass candidates who lose." The tea partiers will respond with: “If you ran real conservatives, we could win, but you run fake Democrats everywhere. It’s your own fault.” It will get extremely nasty.

Poll added. Might as well :tup:

Remember when Mario Cuomo was against raising the 55mph speed limit to 65mph on the NYS Thruway?

Despite being popular among many motorists and the trucking industry, the proposal to raise speed limits along major highways has languished in the legislature because of ardent opposition from Gov. Mario M. Cuomo and key members of the State Senate.

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/12/01/nyregion/push-in-albany-to-increase-speed-limit-to-65-mph.html

I wonder if Andrew Cuomo will try to knock it back down to 55mph, lol. :wink: