iTunes n00b

Your computer is logged into iTunes properly and your iPod has synced with the computer at least once right.

I know the touch is goofy with the syncing. I finally jailbroke mine and downloaded an app for it to manage the music and everything without iTunes cuz I prefer not to have my computer raped with 20 different apple processes

well this shit just happened to me… tried to sync some more "tunes to my touch. and WTF all my music i put on last week and was listening to last nite “dissapeared”. FUCK MAC FUCK ITUNES FUCK IPODS if this thing wasnt such a handy little web browser i would sell it already. web browser which cant handle flash WTF!@!

what app did you get to manage the tunes? mines jailbroken. I want to drag & drop like everyother fukcing music player… i dont want to put in a fuckign credit card number to mac just to listen to the CD’s i bought 10 years ago that have been on half a dozen MP3 players i have owned.

a alturnative program to put simple music on my touch would be great.

go apple!

you’re gonna buy 8 gigs worth of songs, one at a time, for $.99 each?

there is free music available, and you don’t have this problem whatsoever. Load to library, make playlist, sync playlist.

How much music do you have in itunes? also if your having this problem, just disable the auto sync and manually manage your music.

What i would assume is happening, is that after the songs sync to your ipod, itunes (or you unknowingly) is marking them in a way not to sync them to the ipod, so when you do sync it deletes them.

Thats the only thing i can think of, i’ve been using my ipod/itunes for 4 years now (20gb photo, but now an 80gb video) and the problem seems to only arise on flash based players where the syncing is set up differently.

what is the program? I’d love to be able to sync music/video to my phone without using shitty itunes

exactly. havent found one for windows. that works with the touch. yet.

up
my noob question: well 2 of them

i have one computer in the house and will be getting the second ipod today … will i be able to sync both up to same computer.its ok if the both get the same music but will it work…?? and how large of a file it is new 7.7?

I am having this same issue.

I have been using iTunes for music management for years. I have been using iPods for years. I have never come up with one negative thing to say about it.

I actually made my first purchase on iTunes the other day. I bought season one of Metalocalypse. I would have normally just used a torrent, but I didn’t have time to look then convert files and all that.

Everything was super easy. I had all the episodes to keep me entertained. A few days later, I went to rewatch some episodes and I’m missing 5 of the 20 on my iPod. They are still on my computer, but not on my iPod.

I have the latest version of iTunes which is 7.7. I have the 2.0 software on my iPod. The iPod is the 32 gb Touch.

ugh… When I bought my Macbook… It was the most unsettling experience ever… THE GUY WOULDN’T SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GIVE ME THE GOD DAMN MACBOOK.

god that pissed me right the fuck off.

anywho. Tom its genius not genious you dumb dumb.

for the OP. why do you pay for music and 2 its probably doing some crazy sync action make sure that the account on the ipod is correct, then check the itunes accounts for any computer she would hook up the ipod to. make sure they are all NOT syncing.

if this works nyspeed gets teaser pics.

of you and the dog. thanks for the microwave my roommate burned the shit out of popcorn when the tried 5 min on high like the old microwave would have used… apparently the new one you only need 2 min … it was charred

:lol: I bought a mac there yesterday. Creepy. It felt like more of an induction than a purchase. Skinny old guy with scruffy beard and nasally voice telling me all about how fun me.com is and how important the $350 dollar extended warranty is. :uhh:

“I’M ON MY FUCKING LUNCH BREAK TAKE MY MONEY AND FUCK OFF!”

And yeah. Got the macbook home. Wife hooked up her ipod, synced to the computer, updated her firmware, and voila. No songs on the macbook or the ipod. :fail: I’ll sit down and go through all the sync settings with a fine toothed iComb tonight. I’m guessing she probably synced to the computer twice, erasing the computer after she had updated her firmware and cleared the itouch memory.

I HAD THE SAME FUCKING GUY!!!

did he ask you if you wanted a printer… and you naturally said no… and he said … “how about a freeeeeeeeee printer” with lots of emphasis on FREEE…

man he made my experience at the finger painting store very uncomfortable.

good luck with the icomb (I lol’d)

:picard: I think he said some goofy shit about the free printer. The part that almost made me give up and leave was after we had gone over all the free stuff and discounts, he went back and got my stuff. Then he came back out and got all dramatic. “Even with all this free stuff, there’s more. You even get a free…” dramatic pause reaches for ipod box “…picture of John Lennon!”

http://www.iwannatouch.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/lennon-box.jpg

I didn’t know whether to slap him or just leave, but I had endured the Mac store for this long and my computer was in sight, so I just chuckled while inside I was thinking “Fuck. You fucking fuck. What the fuck.”

You can have more than one computer set up to sync, but only if they are using the same music library, and you have to copy over all the itunes files in order for it to work. I’ve done this before, but i had to share my music folder, map it on the second computer (over the network) and then copy the itunes library, and app data>apple computer folder. It worked, but was a PITA because if i left w/ my laptop i had no music…

So, i went for the alternitive, Have one computer set up to sync with it, and on my laptop, if i want to update it, i have to do it manually. Not as easy as plugging it in, but easier than the other way.