itunes question on new computer

So I got the netbook and loaded itunes, when I tried to “sync” my ipod I got message saying something to the exent of, “You can’t put 100 of your songs on here because they are on another computer”. My other computer took a dump so they are gone. If I could actually talk to a human they might say, “Ok cool go ahead” but because it is only a computer am I fucked? The funny thing is that they are songs I purchased from itunes!

If you downloaded them from iTunes, you should be able to go in and re download them all in your account. There is something that allows you to download your files again I thought?

Next time download hymn or another iTunes DRM remover and save them elsewhere.

Actually I do have them on one of those thumb drive thingys or w/e.
But do they have some ID attached to them so they can never be copied back to itunes?

Ya its iTunes DRM so its licensed to your account. They stopped doing it on any of their newer music as far as i know (maybe within the last year). Try to authorize the account on your new install of iTunes and see if it takes.

didn’t you already ask this?

just activate your itunes account.

Like someone posted authizes that computer.

Did that and synced them and it only synced about 200 songs that I purchased from itunes. The other 1600 songs that I got from cds are gone. Does the new versioin only let you use songs purchased from itunes?

How do you add playlists? I tried but could get them on my ipod. They just sit on the bottom left and I can’t seem to drag them up to my other lists(which have since vaporized). Its ok i only had about 200 of them.:bloated:

I love how newer software makes things so simple.
BTW can someone change my title? I know they aren’t a fad BUT they are evil!

I just put them in a folder on the computer’s hard drive, copy them from the thumb drive,
then load itunes,

go to file, add folder to library, select the folder you have the songs in…it will add the songs, then sync your ipod.

Wut?

If you have the files you got from downloads and your own cd’s, you should be able to add them to iTunes… It really isnt rocket science.

There was no warning about the cd copies just the itunes purchases. I synced it and they were gone. Simple as that.

The CDs were rips from actual CDs? They should be on the hard drive somewhere. The new version AFAIK works exactly like the previous versions.

Add Playlist by dragging a selection and dropping it in the playlist section. Or by hitting Ctrl + N.

why would there be a warning about not having those songs you ripped from a cd when you can just rip them again, its not like they have a record of what cd you ripped on your computer

^The songs were already on my ipod when I synced it, why would it nuke them?
Yeah, I will just reload them when I have 30 hours with nothing else to do.
I originally loaded them when my daughter was due to be born and we basically stayed home for the entire thanksgiving weekend. It took alll weekend!
I can’t beleive itunes would just say, “Fuck it, even though they are there lets not load them.”

itunes sync’s whatever is in itunes not what is on your ipod that is registered to another computer. since you ipod is registered to your old computer and you are trying to sync it with your new computer, itunes basically clears the ipod in order to register it with the new computer then sync’s with whatever you have in the new itunes and from there on out your ipod only works with that computer

^All of my songs were in my itunes library on my old computer but it only synced the ones actually purchased from itunes.
Hopefully I can just load them from the thumbdrive without any trouble.
It just makes no sense to me but I grew up before apple and microsoft ran the world. lol
It is funny how people are just like yeah that makes sense to me.
If I pulled shit like this with my customers there would be hell to pay. lol

right and now you are trying to sync to a new computer and according to apple that’s a no no

but yeah you can just swap songs over using the thumb drive but you will then have to re-organize everything to get it like it was.

i am glad the zune software does not do this, everything stays on there you just cant view it in the zune player

Ok, thanks for the help everyone.
I will try to download the other songs.
This should be simple.:rofl:

there are programs out there that let you pull songs from your ipod, ie redchair, etc…

Alright #1

Try using iTunes Folder Watch (Link) - It’s pretty self explanatory but here are some screen shots of how I have it setup. ![file:///C:/Users/John/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png](file:///C:/Users/John/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png)

#2 Sometimes iTunes (as well as others) tend to not add tracks do to corrupt headers in the mp3 file. Use Mp3val-frontend to fix them. (Link). The program comes in a zip file. You want to use the mp3val-frontend.exe file. Again this is a pretty self explanatory program.

#3 If you are looking to download music I suggest using SoulSeek (Link). It’s a P2P program similar to a napster or Kazaa but dedicated to mostly music. It’s clean, easy and can find even the rarest of tracks. If you want to browse my library send me a message or IM me and I’ll hop on. Add me to your list, my name is ProgressiveRocker (case sensitive).

The reason that they do this is to prevent illegal filesharing. They can’t just let people go to their friends’ houses with their ipods and copy music off of one ipod and onto another. It’s not that it “makes sense”. It’s that we have all been using itunes for a long time, and probably ran into this issue multiple times.